45

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

I travelled 11,962 MILES already and have been travelling for almost 34 hours. I was anticipating the call of the flight stewardess that we had already arrived in the airport. I should be feeling very tired by now, especially that I have not gotten rest since I went to the Philippines, to see Tanya, and travelled for almost a day to Laguna. Unfortunately, only to find out that Isabella hired someone to kidnap my son.

My heart pounded as I thought of my son. I only saw him in the photos at Tanya's condo unit in Baguio, and I hoped beyond hope that I would see him... hold him...alive.

I admit I was feeling cynical. Yes, there was self-doubt, because I blame myself for having underestimated Isabella's capability to be felonious. She used to be a quiet little child. But, then, at a young age, I already saw the different look in her eyes. There was fascination towards me in her eyes, that I thought was admiration for an older brother who she was thinking as a childhood hero. I didn't think it would grow into obsession. I missed thinking that she also witnessed the wrong things that her father and his syndicate mercilessly did to others; and she had carried that with her. I must admit, I just didn't want to judge her as I treated her like a sister-- a family member. I thought that since she grew up with our family, she learned something good from us. But, I was wrong.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, as I pushed my negative thoughts aside.

I closed my eyes at the menacing and depressing thoughts that I was torturing myself with, and tried to focus on my next steps. For my son's sake, I would not lose hope! I will not allow my doubts, nor the fear and negativity inside my head, mess with my plans.

I spoke to my family, on my way to Brazil. I let them know of my situation and plans. Though my family doesn't know where I was going because Isabella only instructed me to wait for a chauffeur to pick me up from the airport, they are on standby as soon as I would need them. They have also already coordinated with the right agencies in Brazil to help us.

Once I arrive the place she would bring me to, and I have confirmed that Timothy was with her, that would be the only time I would be able to inform my family about my whereabouts, to send help. But even the help that they would send should be carefully planned; and I 've got it covered. I only need to execute the plan, careful not to let Isabella get suspicious of me.

As soon as there was a go signal from the plane that I could leave, I immediately walked out of the airplane, and out of the airport. There was not much fuzz about me getting out of the airport because Papai has already coordinated it with the officials of the airport. They discreetly knew what was happening, and they were closely monitoring me.

But I got surprised when the man beside me who looked like a tourist with his Hawaiin shirt, discreetly came by my side. "Just walk towards the black car." He instructed. At once, I knew he was one of Isabella's men.

He led me in the passenger's seat and sat beside me. There were three men already inside the car. One was the driver, then there was another man in the front seat, and I was sandwiched by two men at the passenger's seat.

We arrived at an estimately 100 acres manor. It was intentionally secluded from the city, and was heavily guarded like a fortress. And I knew that instant it was the property of Leonardo La Torre.

Could it be that Leonardo La Torre knows about this, and he is supporting his daughter? I thought. Was it possible that he felt guilty that he hasn't exactly been a good father to his daughter, and this was his way to make up for it--- to support Isabella with her obsession over me?