16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

As I watched Tanya leave to get her bag, I noticed that I was getting light-headed, which was not normal for me.

I closed my eyes for a second and shook my head to keep myself awake, but I still felt drowsy.

"Are you feeling strange?" I turned to my twin brother Marcus and noticed that he looked drowsy too.

"Yes, why?" Marcus grinned.

"I think those girls put something in our drinks." I said and took his bottle.

Marcus shook his head in surprise, and looked at the girls, before he turned to our beer bottles that I now switched with the girls' bottles, which they left on the bar table.

He shook his head again, this time, in disagreement with what I did. I just grinned at him.

Between me and my brother, Marcus was kind, positive about life, outgoing, friendly, and always had a smile on his face. Even if we're all boys in the family, Marcus would always be the patient one, and most diplomatic when it came to our younger brothers; while I was completely his opposite.

"Just be sure you're not going to do anything that would make her really mad at you." He warned me.

"Of course, brother. We're just going to give them a taste of their own medicine." I said straight faced, and drank from Tanya's beer, before I returned my eyes on the feisty, scheming, mischievous woman who was obviously tipsy from the Vodka.

"You fancy her, Matt?" Marcus casually asked, but he was not looking at me. He was watching the two ladies who were walking towards the bar.

I contemplated and didn't answer my twin brother who was just staring at me, waiting for my response.

"You like her." Marcus stated with surprise written on his face. "Whoa! For the first time, you actually liked someone!" He said seemingly surprised. "Wow! That's good to know, bro!" He was genuinely happy.

I didn't answer him. I just glanced at him, before I turned back to watch my Tatania.

She came back to the bar to get the bottle she assumed was hers and drank from it. She then turned to Pinkie when she heard her friend invite Marcus to dance.

"That's my favorite song!" Pinkie excitedly said as she tugged on Marcus. Pinkie, too, was not her ordinary self. She was surprisingly sweeter to Marcus.

My brother, who was smitten with Pinkie ever since he met her in the Philippines, willingly obliged to her request.

I watched them go to the dance floor, leaving me and Tanya at the bar.

Tanya stood by the bar near me and quietly gulped on the beer that she thought was hers.

I just gazed at her, watching her every movement. When she noticed me looking at her, she blushed and averted her eyes, which made me quirk a smile.

Tanya is different from other women. I like her more than I've liked any other women across different countries that I've been to. I feel happy when I'm with her. I enjoy holding her hand, touching her soft skin, and tasting every inch of her. I enjoy watching her every movement, and facial expression-even when she would often glare at me as if she wanted to strike me with a dagger.

I slightly caressed her arm with my lips as I waited for her reaction.

"Ay, manyak!" She jumped in surprise, and I chuckled. Until now, after all the cajoling that I've done to her, my Tatania was still coy. She doesn't realize that with her being aloof to me, it makes me want her more.