9

CHAPTER NINE

I contemplated on what to do with Isabella. She said that we needed to talk in person, and it was important. I wanted to ask her how she has been after what happened to us. I also asked her why she left that day, after what happened. She said she was confused and needed time to think. I told her that I was going to attend the wedding of my long-lost cousin, and I'd be back after so we could talk. She said she needed money so I asked my assistant to deposit money to her account.

I glanced at Tanya's direction. Although I wasn't really in the mood to play with my beautiful angel, I couldn't help but smile as I watched her. I gazed at her thick and long eyelashes sleepily batting, as she whiffed a strand of her hair that fell on her face. She reclined to the seat and fell asleep. I gazed at her face, down to her neck, to the round crest of her bosom, to her flat and stomach, to her long silky fair legs that were closed together as she sat like a prim and proper lady. Her head was about to fall towards me, so I put my arm around her and let her head on my shoulder.

I smiled as I gazed at her beautiful mesmerizing face. Then the song on the radio played.

"No other love, can warm my heart. Now that I've known the comfort of your arms. No other love, oh the sweet contentment that I find with you...Every time, every time. No other lips, could want you more... For I was born to glory in your kiss, forever yours. I was blessed with love to love you. Till the stars burn out above you..." the song was like a magical incantation that sent me into some sort of trance.

It was 1953. I was looking at familiar lovely eyes that made my heart fall in love with her deeper and more. We were dancing to the tune of the song. It was our wedding song, and I was dancing with my beautiful bride-the love of my life. She was my one true love, who waited for me, and whom I fought for to ask her hand in marriage.

I adored her with all my heart, soul, and mind. I was very sure that she was the one for me. She was my soulmate.

"Sebastian," she sweetly said as we danced on the garden full of lights like floating stars around the trees surrounding our house.

"Yes, my love?" I smiled at her as we lovingly gazed at each other.

"I just want to thank you," she said. "Thank you for choosing me... for loving me despite the years that we've been apart." She said teary eyed.

"No one and nothing can keep us apart now, my love." I said it as a promise and I meant to keep it.

We embraced each other tight, when suddenly I felt something hit me at the back. I felt warm liquid ooze out behind me and there was excruciating pain. I couldn't move.

I looked at her and she gasped in shock when she saw her hand trickling with blood. We heard screams, and then she held on to me. We both fell down on the grass, and I saw her close her eyes in pain. I quickly looked around trying to find what was happening. I saw Mary. She was the woman betrothed to me through marriage, but I married Elizabeth instead.

I knew I was shot from the back, and Elizabeth was shot on the leg. Blood filled her wedding gown and I felt so scared for her. I wanted to go to her but I saw Mary approaching, and she had a shotgun. She had so much hate in her eyes and I knew she was angry that I married Elizabeth, but I never expected she would go crazy, and do this.

She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry Sebastian. I didn't mean to hit you, but you leave me no choice! I can't let you be with her. You're only supposed to be with me!" She said, and walked towards Elizabeth. She knelt down beside Elizabeth,and as about to shoot Elizabeth again. This time, on her forehead.

"No, Mary! No!" I crawled towards them, held on to Mary's leg, and begged.

I could see Elizabeth gasping for air. I tried to stop Mary. I pulled her leg, and heard a startling shot. Mary pulled the trigger and I saw Elizabeth's face full of blood. She was dead.

"No!" I cried, and forced myself to stand up. I tried to pull the shotgun from Mary, but she shot me too.

Everything turned dark. I was in pain, and afraid. I was looking for Elizabeth in the dark, but realized that I was now walking in a stone hall while holding a lamp. I was secretly going to meet with the most beautiful woman I have ever met in my life, and whom has captured my heart. I knocked on her door, and heard that she excitedly opened it.

"Your highness, Prince." She bowed, but I stopped her from regarding me as the Prince. She was a slave girl, but I looked past it. To me, she was my true love. Without a word, I closed the door, and swiftly carried her to our bed.

"Enough of this foolishness," I said as I passionately kissed her lips, and groped for her breasts. "You are to become my wife." I said. "I have told my father that I intend you to be my wife, and he agreed." I informed her, before I made love with her for the nth time.

When we rested, I noticed the painting she made. It was portrait of pregnant woman

"It's for you," she lovingly said.

Instantly, I looked at her naked stomach and felt ecstatic! We were going to have a baby!

But it turned dark again, and now saw a woman with a dagger in the balcony. She was about to stab her.

I quickly came to her aide, but the other woman pushed me and I fell off the high balcony.

I retaliated and gasped only to realize it was all but a dream. I think what also helped me wake up was the shaking car. I instinctively protected Tanya and shielded her from the drastically circling motion of the car, before it bumped on a tree. Good thing that my arms were already around Tanya or she would have slammed her head on the window especially that she was off guard.

Tanya woke up shocked. "What happened?" Her arms were still around me.

"Are you ok?" I asked as I checked her head, arms, and knees to see if she had bruises.

"I... I'm ok," she responded as she held on to me.

"Okay," I nodded, and held on to her hand, as I checked on the driver. "Are you okay?" I asked the driver.

He was still in shock with what happened, and apologized to us. "I'm going to call for back up. " He said and quickly went out of the car to make a call.

"Come," I gently urged her to go out of the car, and she followed. As we went out of the car, the driver updated us that the back up car would take an hour.

"Oh my gahd! Nasa kabihasnan pa ba kami?" Tanya worriedly said and chewed on her lower lip as she pulled out her mobile phone from her shoulder bag to call her friend, Rori. She told Rori what happened and that we might be late to go to the restaurant to finalize the contract.

I just watched as she spoke to her friend, and thought about my dream. I realized that in all my dreams, her face... Tanya's face was similar to Elizabeth and the slave girl in the dreams that I had. It was weird, and the dreams were tragic. I don't know why I even had such dreams. It must be that damned song I heard in the radio before I fell asleep.