6

CHAPTER SIX

LAST WEEK OF OCTOBER, BRAZIL

I woke up from the sound of my mobile phone. It was on the side table, along with my watch, and wallet. I answered the call even if I was still feeling dizzy like I was doped.

"Matteo, Marcus me informou que ele tem uma pista sobre a família de Manoel nas Filipinas! (Matteo, Marcus informed me that he has a lead on the family of Manoel in the Philippines!)"

"É uma ótima notícia Nevio! (That's great news Papai!)" I answered, still disoriented.

"Eu tenho desejado para ver a família do Manoel e encontrar Manoel, então nós pode levá-lo de volta ao Brasil. (I've been longing to see Manoel's family and find Manoel so we can take him back to Brazil.)"

"Sim, eu também, Papai. Não posso esperar para ver as únicas mulheres em nossa família. (Yes, me too, Papai. Can't wait to see the only women in our family.)"

"Sim, mas Isabella é família demais. (Yes, but Isabella is family too.)" He added.

I was lying on my stomach, and turned. I was shocked to see Isabella on the other side of the bed, naked and sleeping. "O que fuck? (What the fuck)?" I whispered in shock, but it was loud enough for my father to hear.

"O que é Matteo? Trouxe outra mulher em casa? Não conversamos sobre isso que a última vez que você vai ter uma mulher na nossa casa, que seria a mulher que vai se casar, ou então não estou goi ! (What is it Matteo? Did you bring another woman in our home? Didn't we talk about it that the last time you are going to bring a woman, she will be the woman you will marry, or else I'm not going to give you your inheritance!)"

I didn't respond to my father, but I grunted.

Marry? Isabella? You gotta be kidding me!

I looked at Isabella who was still asleep, and wanted to bang my head on the wall as I sat up. I checked under the cover. I was naked alright and so was she. But even if I saw her naked under the sheets, I did not have a hard on, so why would I have slept with her? It was not logically possible! She is practically like a sister to me!

Isabella, is the goddaughter of my father, and the only daughter of one of the most powerful Sicilian mafia in Brazil. Though my father was working for the Brazil government, he and Isabella's father, Leonardo La Torre, had been childhood best of friends, since Leonardo La Torre migrated as a kid, with his father who was also a mafia leader. My father and Leonardo de la Torre had a rift for a couple of years, but since they treated each other like brothers, they soon communicated, and kept their friendship secret. It was beneficial for my father's promotion in the government as Isabella's father had been my father's contact in the syndicate world when needed. So, in many ways, we owe Isabella's father a lot. That's why since Isabella's father is in a dangerous world, her father requested my father to take care of Isabella and stay with us.

My brothers and I treated Isabella like a sister, and I would like to believe that she treated us that way too. Although I know she was infatuated with me when we were kids, I thought she has gotten over it, because I treated her like a sister; and sleeping with her was clearly incestuous.

I honestly couldn't recall touching her last night. All I remember was that she went to my office, and asked for my company, because she was feeling sad. I didn't even know why she was sad, but I knew she was acting different.

"Papai, eu vou te ligar mais tarde. Eu só tenho que... hum... cuidar de uma coisa (Papai, I'm going to call you later. I just have to...uh... take care of something.)" I said and ended the call.