Words Fail. Music Speaks.

This lovely abomination was created by Noella.

Eliza's POV:

When words fail, your heart speaks.

When words fail, music speaks.

I listened to music. It went through my heart. I felt it. It spoke to me. Even when I didn't know what to say. The music said it for me.

John and Peggy have scars I cannot heal: Battle scars.

I sat alone in my room, letting myself become one with the music.

We're all in the same game, just different levels. We're all in the same hell; just different devils.

Why is that line so true?

Before I could listen to any more music, I heard John in his room.

I walked to his room. I put my ear against the door and heard this:

"Mirror, mirror on the wall. Was I always meant to fall? Roses white and dying light. Yellow's sweet forgiving bight. She'll ask 'why?' No answers found. And I'll rot deep beneath the ground."

I teared up. I took a deep breath and through the door, I said, "John... She forgives you..."

"No, Eliza." He muttered.

"She loves you." I said, fighting back tears.

"Eliza, these battle scars don't look like they're fading. These are scars that you cannot heal." He said.

"No. I cannot. But I'm the Keeper of Life. I can fix you. I can help you." I mumbled.

"These are scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see that you're the antidote for everything except for me" he said.

I began to sob. I didn't know how to feel. I didn't know what to say...

Words fail... Music speaks...

"I loved, and I loved, and I lost you." I sang softly, in between tears.

"What?" He asked.

"And I loved and I loved and I lost you. And I loved and I loved and I lost you. And it hurts like hell..." I sang.

He sobbed in his room. I could hear him through the door.

What have we become?

John's POV:

I walked passed Eliza. I went to Peggy's room.

I stood there. She came and stood in front of me. I attempted to look into her eyes.

She looked away and said, "When you feel my heat, look into my eyes. It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide."

I tried to hug her, but she continued, "Don't get too close, it's dark inside. It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide."

My heart sank. I looked at her and said, "Our hearts are monsters. That's why our ribs are a cage."

She blinked back tears and sang, "I feel it deep within. It's just beneath my skin. I must confess that I feel like a monster. I hate what I've become. The dark has just begun. I must confess that I feel like a monster."

I don't know what happened afterwards. We just kinda started singing together.

"When the days are cold and the cards all fold and the saints we see are all made of gold." I sang.

"When your dreams all fail and the ones we have are the worst of all and the blood's run stale." She sang back.

We continued in that pattern.

"I wanna hide the truth, I wanna shelter you. But with this beast inside, there's nowhere we can hide."

"No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed. This is my kingdom come."

"This is my kingdom come."

"When you feel my heat, look into my eyes, it's where my demons hide. It's where my demons hide."

"Don't get too close, it's dark inside. It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide."

We skipped the second verse because the next pre-chorus described us so well.

"Don't wanna let you down, but I am help bound. Though this is all for you, I wanna hide the truth."

"No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed. This is my kingdom come."

"This is my kingdom come."

After the chorus, we broke out into the bridge. This part left everyone watching in tears.

"They say it's what you make, I say it's up to fate. It's woven in my soul. I need to let you go."

"Your eyes, they shine so bright. I wanna save that light. I can't escape this now."

"Unless you show me how."

But then we just sang this last part together.

"When you feel my heat, look into my eyes. It's where my demons hide. It's where my demons hide. Don't get too close, it's dark inside. It's where my demons hide, it's my demons hide."

She finally let me hug her. I'd never let go. I couldn't do that to her.

Later that night, we sat on the rooftop and stared at the stars.

"John. This relationship is falling apart. There's a 'hell' in hello. A 'good' in goodbye. An 'over' in lover. An 'end' in friend. And an 'if' in life." She said quietly.

I closed my eyes and started softly singing to her.

"I won't give up on us. Even if the skies get rough. I'm giving you all my love. I'm still looking up..."