Chapter 14

Alec P.O.V.

“Hi, this is Alec Moon. I am calling to see if we could use your space to have a show.”

“What type of show?”

“My brother, Austin Moon, he’s a singer. He would like to perform.”

“No. Sorry.”

“Please?” but it was too late. They had already hung up.

Alec went all over to see if he could get anyone to let Austin perform his song for Ally. When they lived in Colorado, it would be so easy to find somewhere to perform. Everyone loved their band.

He only had one more available place left on his list. The phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Hi. My name is Alec Moon and I was wondering if I could rent your space for a performance that we would like to have.”

“Sure, but you’ll have to fix it up. No one has used it for a couple months now.”

“Thanks! Can we meet you there in say,” Alec looked at his watch, “An hour?”

“That sounds great!”

“Thanks again. Bye!” Alec went to tell Austin the good news.

“Austin. I got a place for you to perform.”

“Sweet!”

“But...”

“But what?” Austin asked.

“But we have to fix it up. No one has performed there for months.”

“Thats fine. I mean it can’t be too bad, right?”

They drove there in Austin’s car. When they pulled up, they couldn’t believe that this was the place. There were overgrown branches covering the door and it looked like the big bad wolf could blow it over, even if he was out of breath.

“This is it?” Austin asked, his voice cracking.

“It was the only one I could get.” Alec said.

The owner pulled up right after them.

“Hello,” Alec said, getting out of the car.

“Well here’s the key. Good luck!”

Austin and Alec went inside. It was awful. It would take them forever for them to fix this place up. They started right away.

Austin’s P.O.V.

Austin texted everyone about tonight's show. He wanted as many people to come as he could get. He especially wanted Dani to come. They worked so hard on the song together. She didn’t answer his text message, so he called her

“Hey. You’ve reached Dani. Sorry I couldn’t get to the phone! Leave a message and I might call you back!’’

“Hey Dani,” Austin started. “Alec found this great place for me to sing the song to Ally tonight, and I’d really love for you to come. Call me back! Bye!” Austin hung up and went back to work. They had so much to before tonight.

Alec and Austin worked for 2 hours and decided they would take a break for lunch and meet back at the venue at 3:00. Austin checked his phone and saw that Dani still didn’t call him back. He was going to go to her house and make sure he was alright.

Dani’s mom answered the door.

“Hi, Mrs. Is Dani here?” Austin asked her.

“Yes, Hold on, Austin.” She closed the door a bit, only leaving it open just a crack. He saw Dani standing on the stairs but couldn’t hear what she was saying.

“Austin.” Dani’s mom said, “She isn’t here. I think she went out with some friends or something.”

“Thanks.” Austin walked down the driveway wondering why Dani didn’t want to see him. He didn’t do anything wrong, or at least he didn't think he did.

He pulled out his phone and called Dani again. Still no answer.

Dani’s P.O.V.

Dani put on her pajamas, getting ready for bed. She didn’t want to see Austin’s performance tonight. She picked up her phone seeing she had seven missed calls from him and one from Casey.

She listened to Casey’s voicemail. “Hey Dani! It’s Casey! I’m letting you know that I’m coming over tonight for a girl’s night out! We need it! Okay! See you then!” Dani wasn’t in the mood to hang out, but once Casey got here she knew she would never leave. Just then she heard the doorbell ring and her mom yell for her.

She saw Casey at the door with her overnight bag. They went upstairs to hang out in Dani’s room.

“Guess what?” Casey said.

“What?”

“We are going to a party tonight.” Casey opened her overnight bag and pulled out tons of make up, hair products, and two cute dresses for them to wear.

“No, Casey. I really don’t want to tonight,” Dani said.

“Too bad. Come on! You need some cheering up! It’ll be fun.” Casey did their hair and Dani did their make-up. She had to admit, they looked great. Dani was wearing a green dress with her hair up and Casey was wearing a pink dress with her hair down.

Casey insisted on driving even though they were going in Dani’s car. It didn’t take them that long to get there, and it wasn’t the nicest looking place for a party either. It was really overgrown. She was hoping the inside would be a little better. There were a lot of cars there and it was hard for them to find a place to park.

They headed inside. It was beautiful. There were tons a little twinkly lights, and in the front there was a small stage with a stool in the center.

She looked around the room and saw Ally, Ash, Aaron, Alec, Amber, and Acker. Casey had brought her to Austin’s performance.

“Why did you bring me here. You knew I didn’t want to come.” Dani said. “I’m leaving,” Dani walked towards the door, but Casey grabbed her arm, forcing her to stay. Austin came out on stage.

“Please. You don’t understand. I don’t want to be here,” Dani said, trying to pull away.

“Hi everybody,” Austin said into the mic. “This is for someone really special to me. It’s called ‘Say You’ll Stay’.” Austin started singing the song they wrote. He sounded amazing. The song fit his voice just right and it was right on key. Dani only had one word to describe it. Perfect.

Austin finished the song, and stood up, probably going to see Ally. He walked right towards her but then turned towards Dani, grabbing her hand.

“This song was for my best friend in the world.” Austin told the crowd.

Dani could feel her eyes filling with tears. “But what about Ally?” she whispered to him.

“You’re more important to me than any girl,” Austin said. The crowd cheered when they hugged, and the tears were still streaming down Dani’s face.

“You’re amazing, Austin.” Dani couldn’t hold it in anymore. She crushed her lips against Austin’s, ignoring all of the gasps from the people around them. Austin pulled back and Dani opened her eyes. The expression on his face was a mixture of shock, confusion, and embarrassment.

“I’m sorry, guys,” Austin said quietly, and hurried out the door.

Dani, without thinking, ran after him.

______________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading everyone!!! Tell us what you think! By the way, this was NOT the huge surprise, so keep on guessing what it will be!

We'd like to thank Alyssa for helping us come up with the idea for this chapter.

Send us comments, suggestions, questions, or critiques ,and keep on reading!!!!! And recommend it to your friends and followers!

You guys are amazing!

And Nicole got 2 tweets from Mark! One from his personal and one from the band account when he was on it! Random fact. Sorry!

But anyways, you guys are amazing!

Always praying for Colorado and the families affected by the shooting,
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
~Haley and Nicole (@Liampayne_R5 and @1dislife_R5)