Chapter 20

Austin’s P.O.V.

Austin turned back around to face Ally. The expression on her face was a mix between happiness and hurt.

“Ally, I need to talk to her..”

“Yeah, I understand. I also need to talk to Ash.”

“This was a big mistake. Not the kissing part, but the timing. You just broke up with

Ash, and I was here with Dani.” He remembered why he really came he in the first place: he had to find Dani’s purse.

“Ally, we can’t do this. Not now. I really like you,” he said earnestly. “But, there’s just so much going on.”

“I know. I’m going to call Ash when I get home.”

“Yeah, I need to get home too. I can drive you,” he offered.

“No, its okay. I called my Dad earlier, and he’s coming to pick me up.”

“Oh, okay.” he said. He started walking toward the hospital.

“Wait, Austin. Where are you going?” Ally yelled from behind him.

“I have to get Dani’s purse,” he replied. “I’ll talk to you later.”

“Yeah,” Ally said, a little disappointed.

“I promise.” He gave her a little peck on the cheek. “I will call you when everything is sorted out.”

Amber’s P.O.V.

Amber saw Austin come through the entrance of the hospital. His eyes were lit up with hope, but his smile missing, replaced by a small frown.

“I’m guessing you’re here to get Dani’s purse,” Amber said holding it up in the air for Austin to see.

“Yeah, thanks,” Austin said, taking the purse out of her hand. “What are you doing here? I thought you left a while ago.”

“We were just about to leave. I’m waiting for Acker. He’s in the bathroom.” Amber told him.

“Okay, I’ll meet you back at the house then,” Austin said slowly heading for the door.

“Bye,” Amber watched him leave. She wasn’t sure if it was all that happened today, or if it was something she ate, but her stomach was queasy and she just wanted to go home.

She stood up from the chair she was sitting in and went to look for Acker. He had been gone for a while now and she was getting worried. She walked down the hall towards the bathroom, when the room started to spin. She grabbed onto the wall, but it was too late. She was already falling.

Her head hit the cold hard floor, and she was out like a light.

Acker’s P.O.V.

Acker heard a lot of commotion from outside the bathroom door. That food in the hospital cafe did not agree with him. He opened the door to find a blonde-haired girl laying on the floor with a nurse by her side.

“Oh my gosh! Amber!” He yelled. A doctor and a few more nurses came rushing down the hallway. The lifted up Amber and placed her on a stretcher.

“Wait, where are you taking her?” He asked frantically.

“Please move back,” one of the nurses said to him.

“No, please, she’s my friend.”

“You can go and wait in the waiting room. We will come and talk to you when we know what's going on.” They rolled Amber into a room at the end of the hallway. Acker couldn’t believe what had just happened. First Dez got in a car crash and now Amber had passed out.

He took out his phone and called his mom and dad and told them what happened. They said they would get there as soon as they could, but the roads were blocked because of construction.

Acker sat and waited to hear from the doctor, again. He saw people going in and out of the room they rolled Amber into. He just wanted to know what happened.

He tapped his fingers on the arm of the chair to the beat of one of the songs they used to perform when they were younger. The doctor came down the hallway, examining a clipboard that he had in his hand.

“Amber Moon?” He announced to the room. Acker slowly stood up and walked towards the doctor.

He started talking to him. “It was nothing too serious. She has a minor concussion, but the baby will be fine.”

Acker’s heart skipped a beat. “What? What baby?”

“You didn’t know your girlfriend is two months pregnant?” Acker couldn’t even speak. He couldn’t even tell the doctor Amber wasn’t his girlfriend.

“You can go see her if you would like to.” Acker walked down to the room where Amber was. He walked in to see her crying on the bed, an IV in her arm.

Acker pulled a chair over to the bed and sat down. “Did you know?” he asked.

“No, but if I’m pregnant, it has to be Dez’s.”

Austin’s P.O.V.

Austin grabbed Dani’s purse from the passenger seat and shuffled inside the house. He was going to give it to her later. He was so tired. It had been such a long night.

He took off his jacket and threw it on the kitchen table, opening the fridge and grabbed a water bottle from the back. Climbing the stairs slowly, Austin stopped at the top. He debated whether to brush his teeth or not.

He decided against it and walked to his room. He walked in shutting the door softly behind him, trying not to wake Ash up. He turned on the light to look for a different shirt to put on.

Austin looked around the room and noticed that Ash wasn’t alone. There was a girl in his bed. Ash had gotten with a girl right after he broke up with Ally.

Austin decided that it wasn’t too late to confront Ash about what he’d done. He didn’t even care that the girl was in their room. “How could you that to Ally?" he yelled angrily. "What’s wrong with you?”

Both Ash and the girl jumped at the sound of Austin’s voice.

Ash and the girl sat up simultaneously, the girl covering herself up with the sheet.

"Dani?"

____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry the chapter is so short. We hope you enjoyed it! What do you think about Amber’s situation? What about Ash and Dani? Please leave comments, questions, suggestions, and critiques! Keep voting and fanning us! It means so much!

And if you couldn’t tell, our friend Alyssa is helping us write this now!

Follow your dreams,

~Nicole, Alyssa, and Haley (@1Dislife_R5 @Tigerlilly_1D and @LiamPayne_R5)