Chapter 23

Dani’s P.O.V.

“I don’t think he’s ever going to talk to me again,” Dani said to Ash.

“He’ll have to come out of there sometime. There’s no bathroom in there, and I don’t think he’s going to go out the window.”

“Haha very funny,” she said sarcastically, “Seriously, do you think he’ll ever forgive me?”

“Will you ever forgive him?” Ash had a point. She could never forgive Austin for what he had done to her. How could he ever forgive her. She went into Ash’s room so she could put back on her clothes. It was time for her to give up. Austin would never forgive her.

“Are you leaving?” Ash said, appearing in the doorway.

Dani nodded. “Yeah, I’m going to give him some time. Maybe he will talk to me tomorrow,”

“You don’t have to go now. You can stay a little longer if you want,” Ash said, picking up her shirt and handing it to her.

“No. I should probably go.” Dani finished getting ready and threw her purse over her shoulder. She looked down the hallway at the door Austin was hiding behind and sighed.

“I’m sorry,” she said quietly. She walked down stairs and headed to the front door.

Ash’s P.O.V.

Ash watched Dani leave. He wanted her to stay so he wouldn’t have to face Austin alone. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Aaron’s bedroom door open. Austin walked out and into the bathroom. Ash decided to go right up against the door so when Austin came out he would have to face him. He heard the shower turn on and Austin humming Say You’ll Stay. Ash sat on the floor and leaned against the wall and waited. He closed his eyes, trying to figure out how he was going to explain what happened between him and Dani.

Austin came out of the bathroom with his wet hair sticking to his forehead and a towel wrapped around his waist.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Austin said trying to walk past Ash. He grabbed the towel to try and stop him, but he pulled it off instead.

“Ash!” He let out a high pitched scream and ran into his room. “Why would you do that?” he yelled, his voice cracking.

“We need to talk,” Ash stood up and walked into their room.

“I don’t want to,” he said, throwing a shirt over his head.

“Well, you have to.”

“What do you want to talk about then? About how you slept with my girlfriend?” Austin said rudely.

“You can’t ignore her forever you know.”

“Yeah, I know. I just don’t want to talk to her right now. And I really don’t want to talk to you either. Can you just go?”

“Listen. I’m sorry that you had to walk in and see that. But--”

“You should be sorry for doing it in the first place!”

“Are you going to forgive her?”

“I don’t know yet.”

“Are you going to forgive me?”

“I don’t know about that either.”

“Why not?”

“You slept with my girlfriend, Ash!”

“Well you kissed Ally right in front of her!”

“I didn’t know she was standing right there! And that still doesn’t justify you sleeping with my girlfriend!”