Chapter 37

Ally’s POV

Ally woke up to find herself smiling at the ceiling. Her date with Austin last night was everything she had ever hoped for. She went back, in her mind, to the moment when they kissed, replaying it over and over again. She pulled the blankets off of herself and walked to the bathroom, turned on the shower, and went back to her room to pick out something to wear. She pulled out a pair of skinny jeans and a purple tank top which she matched with her gray cardigan. She hopped in the shower, washing her hair with vanilla shampoo.

After about 20 minutes, she climbed out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself and walked out of the bathroom to find Dani sitting on her bed.

“Hey!” Ally said surprised.

“Hi Ally, sorry to come out of nowhere, but I really need my heels back.” Dani smiled. “I have to wear them today for this dinner I have to go to with my parents.”

“Oh yeah no problem. Let me just get changed and then I’ll go and get them.”

“Thanks!” Ally grabbed her clothes off the bed and went back into the bathroom. She quickly changed, put on some makeup, and then went to get Dani’s shoes. She walked back into her room to find Dani sitting in her desk chair instead of on the bed.

“Thanks!” She said taking the heels from Ally. “So how was your date last night?” Dani asked.

“It was great! I had a really great time.”

“Where did you go?”

“It was some restaurant by the beach. It was cute,” Ally smiled remembering the waitress who was in love with Austin and how Austin had looked at her all night.

“I can tell you had a lot of fun.” Dani said referring to the huge grin on Ally’s face, laughing.

“Yeah I really did.” Ally said bragging a little, but she couldn’t help it. It had been one of the best nights in her life.

“Well, I better get going. Thanks for the shoes! I’ll see you later.” Dani said rising from the desk chair.

“Okay! Bye and thanks again for letting me borrow the outfit!” Ally said smiling.

“No problem.” Dani left and shut the door behind her. Ally fell back on her bed and sighed. Well that was awkward, she thought to herself. She sat up and grabbed her phone off the table and started to text Austin.

Austin’s P.O.V.

Austin stood on Dani’s doorstep when his phone vibrated in his pocket. When he read who the message was from, he felt a small smile appear on his face.

From Ally:

Hey! What are you doing today? Want to hang out? :)

The door to Dani’s house opened to reveal her Dad standing there with a smile on his face.

“Hello Austin. What can I do for you today?” he asked.

Austin quickly shoved his phone in his pocket and replied, “Hi. I was wondering if Dani was home?”

“Actually she’s out right now, but she should be back soon if you would like to wait.”

“Umm thanks but I can’t. Can you please just tell her I stopped by and that I’ll call her later?”

“Sure! I’ll see you around Austin.” He said closing the door. Austin walked down the two steps and down the pathway. He started typing away on his phone.

I would love to Ally but I can’t. Maybe we can get together tomor--

“Austin?” Dani said climbing out of her car. “What are you doing here?”