Chapter 15

Austin’s P.O.V.

What just happened? Austin was in complete shock. He had only sung the song for Dani because she had helped him write it. He didn’t want to lose her as a friend, and if he hadn’t have made Casey drag her here, he knew that she wouldn’t have come. He just wanted to make it up to her for whatever he had done to make her mad.

Austin thought about the dream he had about being at her house, playing video games, and almost kissing her before he woke up. He even remembered what he had thought in the dream: ‘Why have I been waiting for Ally when I’ve had the perfect girl right in front of me this whole time?’ Did that mean that it wasn’t Ally who was the girl of his dream but Dani?

“Austin! Wait!” Dani shouted as she ran after him.

Austin stopped running and just stood there as Dani caught up to him. He turned around. “What happened in there, Dani? No. Tell me this first. Why have you been ignoring me? What have I done to you that has made you so mad that you won’t even bother to text me back?”

Dani sighed. “Austin, I’ve had a crush on you since the third grade, but I never wanted to tell you because we’ve been best friends for as long as I can remember, and I didn’t want to ruin our friendship. So when you told me that you liked Ally and that you wanted to write a song to express your love for her, I was really jealous. And then, to make matters worse, you asked me to help you write it. I didn’t want to be rude and say no, so I agreed, but it was horrible. I couldn’t bear to help you write a song for the girl you loved when it wasn’t me. I wasn’t even going to come tonight because I had a feeling you were going to sing the song to Ally, but Casey dragged me here.

When you came up to me afterwards and said that you had sung the song for me, my emotions just came pouring out. I’m sorry I embarrassed you, Austin. I just couldn’t hold it in anymore. I understand if you never want to see or talk to me again.” Dani began to walk away, but Austin grabbed her wrist and turned her back around.

“Why would I never want to see or talk to you ever again,? Dani, you’re my best friend. I’ve known you for longer than I’ve known both Ally and Dez combined. We’re inseperable. I could never just shun you for the rest of my life.”

Tears began to form in Dani’s eyes. “It’s really okay, Austin. I don’t mind. I would get your reasoning behind it. You tried to do something nice and make me feel better by singing me the song we wrote together, but I took complete advantage of the situation and embarrassed you in front of your whole family, all of your friends, and even some other people who came to see you perform. I completely deserve to get shunned. It was totally uncalled for and I’m just so stupid and rude and idiotic and careless and--”

“Oh just shut up already.” Austin pulled Dani’s body right up next to his, smashing their lips together. It was the best kiss Austin’s ever had. Her warm lips tasted like strawberry and it was perfect, just like her.

Little did either of them know that there was someone standing at the warehouse door who had come outside just in time to see them kiss...

Ally.

Ally’s P.O.V.

Ally rushed back inside. She couldn’t believe what she saw happen. First off, Austin said he was singing a song for someone really important to him, and Ally thought it was her because she usually writes songs for him, and she thought maybe he wrote one for her for a change, but when Austin came down and said it was for Dani, she was crushed. And then Dani kissed him completely out of the blue. Who knew that Dani had a crush on Austin? And on top of that, Ally followed them outside and saw them kissing again. What had Dani said to Austin to make him kiss her back?