Chapter 19

Ally's P.O.V.

Ally looked up at the sky, pink from the rising sun. Dez was up there. He was probably looking down at them right now. She squeezed Ash's hand as she thought about Dez's now cold body, that was lying lifelessly on the hospital bed. She tried to push that thought out of her mind when--

"Ally!" Austin yelled to Ally as she was getting into the car. "Ash, can I talk to her for a minute?" Ash nodded and Austin grabbed her arm, pulling her away.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his eyes filled with concern.

"Yeah, I'll get through it. I'm just really going to miss him."

"I know what you mean. I remember the first time we met. I had just moved here, and he came knocking at my front door asking if he could use the bathroom. At first, I thought he was kind of strange, but then, he said something that surprised me."

"Hey you look familiar."

"Have you ever seen the show Cool Jamz?" Austin asked.

"Yeah! I like watch it all the time," Dez answered.

"Well, I have this band called A5. It's my family and I. We were on the show."

"So that's how I know you! Are you still a band?"

"No. My parents got divorced, and I moved here with my dad."

"Did you ever think of going off on your own?"

"No," Austin said.

"Well if you do, you should come by this music store at the mall. It's called Sonic Boom. My friend, Ally, her dad owns the store. We like to hang out there a lot."

"Okay, I'll see you there!"

"Without Dez, I would've never met you, Ally," Austin said, snapping back to reality.

"You want to hear something funny Dez used to tell me?" Austin asked. Austin wanted know if Ally really liked him or if Acker was just lying.

"Sure."

"He always thought that we should be together," Austin said.

"Really?" Ally's eyes lit up. "He used to tell you that?"

Austin picked up on the hopeful tone in Ally's voice and smiled. "Yeah, and actually sometimes I thought we would be really good together too." Austin saw Ash staring at him and Ally from the front window of the car. He could see the jealousy in his eyes.

"Austin, I have to tell you something,"

"Austin!" Dani yelled from behind him. "Not to be rude, but my mom is getting worried." Austin realized he couldn't be here with Ally. He was dating Dani and he knew how she really liked him.

"Can we talk later?" Austin asked, giving Ally a big hug.

"Sure," Ally said, a little disappointed.

"Oh, I forgot. We have to tell Trish." Austin remembered what just happened as he walked over to Dani.

Ally nodded. "Okay."

"Do you want me to call her?" he stopped and turned to face her, to see her eyes fill up with tears again.

"I think I should do it. We're best friends and I think it would be better if she heard it from me." Ally walked back to the car. She got inside and Ash instantly put his arm around her. She waved to Austin before he turned to greet his girlfriend.

"Ready to go?" Austin looked at Dani. She was leaning on his car rubbing her hands up and down her arms trying to warm herself up.

"Come here," Austin said opening his arms. Dani shuffled over and pressed herself into his warm embrace.