Chapter 17

Dez's P.O.V.

Dez pulled out of his driveway to go meet up with Amber at her house. They were just going to hang out there tonight. Maybe watch a movie or make out. Dez thought of Amber as he drove. She was gorgeous. Her long silky blonde hair was stunning and she had the most beautiful smile he’d ever seen. He shook his head in amazement as he pulled into her driveway, parking behind Austin's car. He walked up to their front door and knocked twice.  Acker opened it.

"Hey Dez!" he said. "You here for your date with Amber?"

"Yeah," Dez answered, "but Amber told me it was just going to be us."

"Actually, I was just leaving." Acker grabbed his jacket.  "I'm meeting Ally, Austin, and Dani at the bowling alley.”

"Have fun!" Dez said, stepping inside.

"You too but not too much fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" he joked as he walked down the driveway.

"Hey Amber! I’m here!" Dez yelled, closing the door behind him.

"In here!" she replied.  Dez walked into the living room to find Amber snuggled up on the couch with a blanket wrapped around her. He sat down next to her and kicked off his shoes.

"So what are we watching?" Dez asked when the previews started.

"The Notebook. It’s one of my favorite movies." Amber answered. They both sat in silence, and the movie began. He moved under the blanket Amber was using and pulled her close. She rested her head on his chest as the opening scene started.

~After the movie~

Dez had to admit it. He loved the movie. He even cried at the end along with Amber. It was around eleven, and Dez knew he was going to have to leave soon or his mom would think there was something wrong.

"Hey, Amsy?" he said quietly.

"Hmm?” She looked up at him.

"I have to go soon."

"No, DD-boo. Please don't go."

"I have to. My mom will kill me if I’m late."

"Just stay a little longer," Amber pulled herself closer to him.

"Fine, but only 20 more minutes," Dez said giving into her.  Amber stretched her neck and kissed Dez softly on the lips. She put her head back down and sighed. Dez thought he heard a hint of sadness in it.

“Is there something wrong, babe?”

“No. It’s fine.”

“Okay.”

"Actually, I -- I need to tell you something," Amber corrected.

"What is it?" Dez asked.

"Back in Colorado, before we moved here, I was dating this guy..."

"Mmm hmmm," Dez said, letting her know he was listening.

"Well, we met through our parents. Our moms knew each other, and they set us up on a date. I really didn't want to go because it was my mom who set us up. It was embarrassing, you know?. But I had to. We went out to dinner. It was just pizza at a little Italian restaurant that was in town, but it was good. At the end of the night he gave me a kiss, and I knew that I wanted to go out with him."

Dez looked down at her and saw there was a tear forming in the corner of her eye. He was confused.

She quickly wiped it away and continued. "Anyways, we went on a few more dates and we both realized we were completely and unconditionally in love with each other. We would talk on the phone all night about nothing. We’d spend hours just sitting there staring into each others eyes. Then I got the news that I had to move here," Dez saw more tears rolling down her face and he wiped them away with his thumb.