Chapter 29

Dani’s P.O.V.

Tonight was Dani’s date with Josh. Casey was going to come over around seven to help her get ready. That gave them an hour to do her hair and makeup and find something to wear.

She showered and combed through her hair as she waited for Casey to show up.

The doorbell rang, and Dani rushed down stairs before anyone else could answer it.

“Hey Girl!!!!!!” Dani yelled as she opened the door.

“Hey!” Casey yelled back, “Are you ready?” She pointed to a huge duffle bag.

“What is in there?” Dani asked, trying to lift the bag over her shoulder.

“Everything we need. Makeup, hair products, hair spray, necklaces, bracelets, and about 10 different outfits that I brought.”

“What?”

“Well, I knew you would have nothing to wear, so I brought over some of my stuff that I thought you might like.”

“You know I have stuff, right?”

“Yeah, but not this stuff.” Casey dragged the bag up the stairs and threw it on Dani’s bed. She unzipped, taking out almost every type and brand of hair supplies, makeup, and jewelry Dani had ever seen in her life and placed it on her desk.

“Sit.” Casey said pointing to a chair in front of the vanity. She got to work right away on Dani’s hair, drying it first, then styling it in a loose bun. After 45 minutes straight of working, Casey finally finished. She pulled one outfit out of the bag and demanded Dani to try it on.

The one they ended up choosing was a cute sky blue sundress that was just above her knees. Dani looked at herself in the mirror. She barely even recognized herself. She had to admit she looked beautiful.

The doorbell rang. Josh was early.

“Wait I’m not ready,” Dani said.

“I’ll go and answer it, but you only have ten minutes. He doesn’t like to wait.”

Dani rushed into the bathroom and shoved her toothbrush in her mouth, messing up her lip gloss. She quickly grabbed a cardigan out of the closet, threw on her silver heels, and rushed down the stairs.

“Hey,” Dani said, catching her breath. Josh’s jaw dropped at the sight of her.

“Wow. You look beautiful,” he gushed.

Dani blushed. “Thanks.”

“Are you ready to go?” he asked, offering his hand.

“Yep.” She took his hand and they walked down out to his car. He opened the passenger door for her and waited for Dani to get in before closing it behind her.

“I hope you like pizza,” He said, “We are going to Tony’s Pizzeria. Its one of my favorites. It’s actually pretty fancy for a place with a name like that.” Casey was right about where they were going to go out tonight. Hopefully it would be worth it.

Ally’s P.O.V.

Ally dialed Ash’s number. It rang twice. “Hello?”

As soon as she heard his voice, she hung up and threw the phone across the room. After they kissed yesterday, Ally had regretted it. She broke up with him so she could be with Austin, but she didn’t know if she could give up on Ash just yet. He still loved her, and there was still a place in her heart for both him and Austin. She just had to figure out who she wanted to be with more. She had known and loved Austin for longer than she had known Ash.