19 - human

“If they say why, why, tell them it’s human nature.”
~Michael Jackson (human nature)

“What does that mean?!” Hadid asks again, this time walking towards me.

“Nothing, forget I said that,” I say dismissively and begin to get up.

He storms up to where I am in a second and I still don’t know how he can do that so fast.

“No, I will not forget that you said that because you said it. What did Wesley tell you?!”

I bite down on my lower lips, feeling nervous immediately, “He said to not tell you—”

“God damn it, Avril, spill!” he snaps, slamming his hand on the counter, which causes a loud bang in the kitchen and I almost jumped out of my skin.

I take a deep breath in defeat. “He thought you were gay and you’re not, and now he doesn’t want you to know.”

He steps back and runs a shaky hand through his hair. “He wants to fuck me.” He says to himself in a puzzled tone of voice.

I rub my forehead. “Not the phrase I’d use, but yeah, he does. Well, at least that’s what he said.”

“Oh.” is all he says and walks back to the stoves. He sieves out the chips into a basket before pouring in fresh ones.

When he finishes, he turns to me. “Do I look and act too girly?”

My eyes narrow. “No, why are you asking?”

“First, I get turned down by Maggi because she doesn’t think I’m man enough and now Wesley thinks I’m gay. It cannot be a coincidence.”

“You do not. Gay guys I believe don’t have a particular look and can’t be spotted by looking at them.”

“Tell that to Wesley.”

“You’re perfect the way you are, never forget that and someday you’re going to meet someone who will love you just for who you are, just as you live them. I think Wesley like you because you’re a guy, not because you’re girly. He just thought he’d have a better chance, as you were gay and you’re not.”

He stares at me long that I almost felt uncomfortable in my skin and luckily for me, the doorbell rings.

He averts his eyes, and I turn to the door as I wonder who it might be.

“Expecting someone?” The ad asks, his eyes curious.

I don’t think so. I almost respond before remembering I’d told Wesley he could come over whenever he wanted last night.

Ad growled, “Fuck me! Is that Wesley?”

“If that’s him, I would like to defend myself by saying I didn’t think he’d take what I said literally and come for breakfast,” I answer, getting down and walking out of the kitchen.

“Oh, if that’s him, tell him there’s no breakfast for him, ‘cause I don’t cook for strangers.”

I roll my eyes and groan. “Oh, please.”

I walk to the door and open it and there is Wesley with a green T-shirt and black jean trouser. There’s also a black beanie over his blonde hair and his green eyes are dazzling as ever.

Stop swooning over him. He likes someone else and so do you. I scold myself.

“Morning Avril.”

“Wesley, morning.” The awkward grin on my face is so hard that my facial muscles are being too hurt. “What are you doing here?”