18 - remember

“I can take so much till I’ve had enough.”
~Christina Perri (human)

“Feeling cold?” Wesley asks, though he’s already pulling off his coat and covering my shoulders with it.

I was feeling really cold about the truth. The night was a little chiller than it was when Hadid and I stepped out earlier. I would have asked for a jacket if I was with Hadid, but I was not and it didn’t feel right to ask, even though I was visibly shivering.

“Thanks,” I say and slid my hands through before hugging it closer to myself. “You don’t feel cold?”

“No, not really, shower in ice almost every morning.” I almost laugh, but I notice his face doesn’t look like the one who is joking.

“Oh, you’re serious?”

“Yeah, I’ll be okay.” He assures, that cute smile appearing on his face again. “So I saw Hadid talking to Maggi earlier. That kind of took longer than I expected.”

“What do you mean?” I ask, even though I’m grateful he has returned to the subject, because I want to clarify that Hadid would not give up his pursuit of Maggi that easily, not without a fight.

“For a guy like him, he seemed to share a thing for Maggi.”

And there it is. That annoying statement and I was thinking there was something good about him, but the truth is, there isn’t. It isn’t the first time someone’s asked what you doing with a guy like him, hell his father even asked how I cope with someone like him and I have always detested that.

He doesn’t want to be my friend, and he doesn’t know me well because if he did, he would not say things about Hadid in my face. He’d know I’ll jump to his defence any day.

“What does ‘for a guy like him’ mean,” I demand, frowning as I look at him, awaiting his answer. “A guy like him is not fit to get a girl he likes just because he isn’t masculine enough or blessed with broad shoulders?! A guy like him shouldn’t be looked at as a man because he isn’t fit to be called a man!” I slam as I pull off his jacket.

“No, that was not what I meant.” He quickly says with wide eyes.

“What did you mean, then?”

“I mean, what is a guy like him doing with Maggi? I thought he was gay.”

My anger begins to subside, and I move my head from side to side. “No, he’s not.”

“Oh,” he says quietly.

“You might have a thing for Maggi, but Hadid has had a crush on Maggi since the dawn of their meeting, so just know you’re not getting her without a fight.”

“I don’t like Maggi.” He says a little taken off by what I’m saying.

“I saw you look at her-“ I trail off, trying to remember what I saw earlier and I remember seeing only Maggi and “Hadid?!”

He groans loudly, “Now who’s judging?!”

My eyes widen and I shake my head, “I’m not, I’m just surprised that you’re......”

“I’m not. I don’t know what I am. I’m still trying to figure it out.” He stuffs his hands into his pocket, “I still like girls a lot, but this is a phase I’m in now.”

“Are you going to tell him?”

There’s disappointment in his eyes as he speaks. “No, no point. He’s not what I thought. It’s better if he never knows.”

“Is that really what you want?”

“Yeah, I believe it is.”

I bid Wesley goodbye after he dropped me at my door, and I hand him his jacket. I told him I wanted to see him in the next lecture and he promise to do his best and keep his sarcastic remarks to himself.
After saying that, he takes his leave and I take my bath before going to bed.