31 - arrival

“I know I can’t afford the price I’m gonna pay, but I want you anyway.”
~I want you anyway by Jon McLaughlin

I didn’t need an alarm to wake up early. Noah made sure I woke up in time.

Once it was 7:00 am, my phone rang. I dragged my dull eyes open and saw Noah’s name on my screen. He was already up and wanted me up as well.

“Hey babe, you’re up?”

I hiss and rub my face. “I am now. Why are you calling me babe?”

I don’t need to see him realise he’s smirking maliciously. “Good and babe is just a formality, so you won’t realize that I’ve forgotten your name.” He says in a panting voice.

I chuckle because his answer got to me. He’s able to do that even though I still hate him.

“Nice answer. Why are you panting?”

“Well, wouldn’t you want to know Ms Good?!”

I’d say he’s having sex with someone, but I think it’s too early to be doing that and I doubt Noah could have sex with anyone without them screaming and crying lastly and most important, Noah knows well that him screwing another person is all I need to burn this deal to ashes.

“I think you’re doing your morning exercise and from your heavy panting I’d say maybe you just finished a round of press-ups.”

There is a pause on the line before he scoffs, “Not bad. My girl knows me well.”

I can’t say I’m not. I’ve spent a few nights in his house and I know his early morning routine. I paid little attention, but I noticed it.

“I’m surprised that I do too,” I admit.

“I’ll be there in an hour. Be ready by then.” He says before ending the call.

I move my worn body to the bathroom and I take a bath and get dressed in a black gown along with a winter coat Noah had delivered late last night. The gown is a short lace gown with a long sleeve, that barely reaches my mid-thigh and I’m completely sceptical if the gown is the right thing to wear, but I’m in no way ready to fall out with Noah because I’m too tired of the fight.

A soft knock comes on my door as I pick up my makeup bag. “Come in,” I say and the door opens and Hadid ushers himself in. “Hey.”

He’s wearing a black leather jacket on top of a white long-sleeve T-shirt, and he’s wearing black skinny jeans. His red hair is a little longer and rougher than his normal cut and I haven’t taken notice of it since, but it looks good on him.

“Hey. See, you’re getting ready for the journey.” He says walking towards where I am in the dressing mirror.

My eyes narrow as a study of his restless body language. “Yeah, I am. What’s wrong? You don’t look too good.”

“Irina and I broke up last night.” He runs his hand through his already rough hair.

My heart breaks, and sadness takes over me. “What?! Why? You two looked so good together yesterday. What could have happened?”

“It’s not what, it’s who. I think Wesley must have given her the impression that he and I were together because she said she couldn’t have me if I already belonged to someone else. I’ve been trying to get hold of Wesley and have him tell me what he did, but I haven’t seen him anywhere.”

I heave a sigh, “He’s gone Hadid, he’s never coming back.”

“What happened between you, too?”