35 - Bad boy

When the world seems so cruel, and your heart makes you feel like a fool,
just look and you will see that I will be your remedy.
Remedy by ~Adele

Third POV

The next two days were slow, but they came. Marcus couldn’t do much after Avril explained the contract and the stakes to all of them, but he insisted separate rooms be given to them and by no means should Noah be allowed to see or even come close to Avril. The only times they saw each other were at breakfast, lunch and dinner in which Noah barely even look at her throughout the breakfast of the next morning.

She didn’t know exactly how to feel about him. Yes, she knows that he’s a monster, but she feels sad for him because to an extent after the happened two days ago, he seems to have become a completely different person. He didn’t talk to relate with any of his brothers and he became like an outcast. Around the table she was kept as far away from him as possible and once in a while during lunch and later dinner he’d glance at her, but it wasn’t in anger. No, not that. That look was that of regret.

Luke kept a considerable distance too, respecting Avril’s wish of wanting time to deal with everything, and Avril knows there was nothing that’ll stop her from running into his arms once it was over.

Japhia stayed close to Avril, though, helping her get whatever she needed. She asks for his help with the pregnancy regarding how far along or has been, and so Japhia took her to the doctor. The tests were run on her and the result came out saying ten weeks. When she complained, he told her it was too late to change him now.

Avril also called Hadid and told him she would come home soon. Yes, she was and Hadid couldn’t be happier for her freedom as well, and told her he couldn’t wait to see her.

Knowing that the contract ends today makes her feel too happy. To an extent, she feels like one having a delightful dream and for a moment; she doesn’t want to believe it, but it isn’t a dream. She is finally free.

“Packing?” Japhia asks from the door where he stood watching her put her things into her bags.

“Yeah, the contract ends today. I will no longer be Noah’s girlfriend. I can now get back to my life, the people I love as well as the man that loves me with all of his might and has been waiting for me for so long now.” She is grinning from cheek to cheek as she admits this out it out loud. “You’re probably bored out...”

“A little. I’m trying not to think of Luke and you being intimate.” He shakes his head and makes a freaked-out look.

She chuckles and rolls my eyes. “You’re a good guy, Phia. You’re going to make any woman you end up with, lucky.”

He scoffs, “I’d be lucky to find a woman who will stay with my stupid ass.”

She laughs and shoves his hand back playfully and he joins her in folding the clothes. The door opens three minutes later and Luke enters. Avril knows today can’t get any better than it already is. Her heartbeat increases and a smile settles on her face and it doesn’t leave. instead, it gets wider and wider.

“Hey,” he says, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

“Hey,” she responds.

He steps further into the room, “This is it, all you’ve ever wanted for the past six months. You are free to make your own choices, to choose who you want to be with.”

She beams in acknowledgement. “I know, and my decision hasn’t changed. I still want you, Luke. I want to be with you.”

He covers the space between them with his wide strides and comes standing before her, his face displaying happiness, one she’d rarely seen him have since the day she got here. The side of his face wrinkles up and his deep dimple appears. She sticks my hand into it, making him smile wider.