4 - gone

“Friends will not say never, cause welcome will not end”
~Michael W Smith (Friends)

Hadid explained why he’d said my mom and at the end, I knew he was right, someone else knew some few things about me just like Hadid did, it was my mom and knowing the person she was, she’d sell whatever she knows about me if that gets her some more money.

Hadid persuaded me to tell him everything that happened and I sat down in bed with him beside me and I told him everything that went down between Noah and me.

“So I told him to take all his money and shove it up his ass.” As at the time I said those words to Noah, I was furious and filled with rage, but saying them again made me crack up with uncontrollable laughter.

Hadid couldn’t help himself because although his laughter started quietly, it moved into a louder one and now he was laughing loud and clenching onto his stomach.

“That was the best finishing line ever!”

“I know!” I nodded in agreement.

His laughter decreased. “He’s going to be pissed off now.”

I rolled my eyes and shrug, “I expect nothing less from him.” I honestly replied.

“Well, I spoke to Mr Andre. He said the contract signed by the sponsors was none refundable, even with a change of heart. That means your brawl with him cannot affect the campaign funding.”

Those were the words I was longing to hear since yesterday. The fear was the only thing that kept my heart in a little cage, and now I felt free and happy.

“Thank you,” I told Hadid. The reason wasn’t specified, but I felt grateful for the best friend I found in him.

He took my hand. “There’s nothing to be thankful for. I know you’ll do the same for me in a heartbeat.”

He was right. I would, “I hope we will still be best friends till the end of time.”

6 days later----->

There came a knock on my door and my eyes peel open and I glance around the dark-room, wondering if the knock I just heard was a dream or reality. I stayed still and awaited the knock again, but after a while of hearing nothing, my eyes closed and my head dropped to the pillow and I began my journey back into the dream world.

Another knock came on my door and this time it was louder and I instantly sat up and rubbed my eyes open. I blindly found the lamp on the stand beside my bed with my hands and I flicked it on. I glanced at the alarm time to see it was 2:30 am and I wonder who was interrupted my pleasant sleep at the time. It was the sweetest.

The knock came the third time, and I dragged myself out of bed and walked towards my door. “Who’s there?” I asked as I came to the door and held on to the doorknob.

“Open up,” came Hadid’s voice, and I immediately opened the door as the sleep and drowsiness vanishing from me.

He stepped inside and I closed the door and turned to him, staring at him with confusion. I didn’t ask any question, I just quietly stared at him, noting every reaction his body was giving.

He was trembling, and my heart clenched in my chest. I couldn’t make out his eyes, but the little whimper and hiccups told me he might have been crying, sobbing even, and that he might have been doing it for a while now.

Hadid was not masculine, he was the fragile type, but even at that, I hardly remember seeing him cry and so I fear for the worse that might have brought him down to his level.

“What’s wrong?” I finally found my voice to ask.

“M- mo- mom, mom is dead.” He could hardly bring himself to say the words, and the words broke through him even more.