21 - share

“Oh, when the sky comes falling for you, there’s nothing in this world I wouldn’t do.”
~Avicii

The first thing that crosses my mind as Japhia and Emma drive off was the word he said to me and I ask myself if this is worth it. Avril has always made it clear how she hates Noah and how doesn’t love me and probably never will.

Japhia is a lot of things, crazy, loud, annoying and sometimes even senseless, but I admit that he’s got a point. There is no point in me chasing shadows. If there is no, yes; hope it will lead to anything good.

It is too great a risk and yes; I love her and yes; I want to hope, but I can’t just do that in life. I have to assume she’ll feel for me.

My phone, which is kept in place by the car phone holder, rings as I drive to the office and I stare at the caller ID to see it’s Noah.

I hesitate a little but still end up picking up the call.

“What?”

“Is that a way to say how are you to your brother?” He demands with a harsh and unfriendly tone of voice.

“I’m not doing this,” I answer, not up for his shit, and I reach for the end button when he speaks.

“You thought I would never find out, didn’t you?” He sneers into the phone with anger.

The first thing that crosses my mind is what Avril and I did three months ago, which makes my heartbeat increase rapidly, but I decide to act dumb and play it cool. “What are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about you and Avril, you stupid son of a bitch!”

He knows, I tell myself and he’s also furious and I can’t really blame him and so I do what I can do, not for him, but for Avril. “Okay, I’m coming over there right now because I do not know what you’re talking about.”

I end the call and take the next U-turn, and I head for Noah’s office. 11 minutes later I’m I pull up in front of his company’s building.

I see a security man approaching me, probably for the wrong parking, and I toss him my keys before he can utter a word.

I give him a small smile. “Have it parked right, will you?”

“Yes, of course, Mr Castillo.” He replies, and I nod at him.

I enter the elevator and pressed the 10th-floor button and I wait patiently... well, not so patiently because I may not be shaking on the outside, but I’m a nervous wreck and I need a smoke now more than ever.

Whatever the outcome of my seeing Noah will be, I just hope Avril is left out of it.

The elevator opens, and I walk out to the tenth floor and head for Noah’s office. “Mr Castillo? I thought you had no want to come out yet.” A lady, probably the secretary, call to me, making me stop and turned to her. She looks confused at first as she looks at me, but gasp after a few moments of staring at me, “Holy shit he has a twin brother?!”

Great, someone guessed the difference.

“Yes, he does. Now I’m gonna go in and see him.”

“Wait, he’s with someone!” She protests, getting up from her seat.

I raise my hand hoping to stay with her, before telling her, “Don’t worry, honey, he’s expecting me.”

I walk to the door, open it, and enter. I regret the decision immediately because the image that slams my face isn’t one I’d want to have.