Friends Again

*Whoever haven't seen the Digimon Tri: The future. Spoiler Alert* Enjoy!

"Why didn't you just use your powers to lift up the rocks"

"I can't Matt and everyone else is there and nobody knows about my abilities except for Tai"

"I'm surprise you're not crying over Tai"

"Why should I?"

"After everything the both of you been throw, he got crushed under a rock and fell of a cliff"

Renamon said. Ever since Renamon came back, Jane updated her about her latest adventure.

"If he died then I would have felt it. He'll be okay. They always find a way but this time I'm not helping"

"Look"

Renamon said. Jane turn and saw a big digimon with giant wings. Jane waves her hand off and turns around.

"Oh no. If I die I die. But I am not gonna risk my life for someone who was nothing but trouble in the begining. And Tai was stupid enough to help Meiko and now look at where he's at"

"Are you jealous between Meiko and Tai?"

"Of course not, I'm with Matt and I'm happy to be with him but Tai is my best friend. Come on let's go see what Matt says"

Believing that Tai is dead, the DigiDestined return to the Real World. Meanwhile, Tai and the injured Nishijima wake up in a facility. Nishijima reveals that Davis, Ken, Yolei, and Cody are in cryostasis and were captured, after discovering King Drasil's plan. Gennai appears and stops the life support system, forcing Tai to choose between escaping with the others or saving Nishijima. After Tai enters one of the capsule, the dying Nishijima sends them back to the Real World, before the facility explodes.

With Kari still in shock and T.K. tending to her, the other DigiDestined fight Ordinemon but are defeated. Hackmon informs them of Homeostasis' intent to reboot all digital technology in the Real World to stop Ordinemon. However, it would cripple all man-made infrastructure. Refusing to give up, Matt and the others have Meiko lure Ordinemon to the sea and confront her again but to no avail. Kari overcomes her trauma and has a vision of Gatomon inside Ordinemon, who reveals that all light resides in Meicoomon.

Guided by Kari's vision, Izzy discovers that memories from all the Digimon have a backup stored inside Meicoomon, which explains why her memories are intact. Meiko unlocks the sealed memories inside Meicoomon, restoring the lost memories and extracting Gatomon from Ordinemon. The reboot of the Real World is halted by Hackmon. However, King Drasil floods Ordinemon with corrupted data. Tai rejoins the others as they reluctantly digivolve their partner Digimon. During the course of the battle, Meiko's Digivice awakens Omnimon's Merciful Mode. Omnimon destroys Ordinemon, deleting Meicoomon in the process. Gennai leaves through a digital distortion after King Drasil's plans are thwarted.

With both worlds restored, Meiko returns to Tottori and Homeostasis shuts down King Drasil. Izzy begins work on a gate that would allow traversal between worlds without D-3s. Three months later on Christmas Eve, Tai converses with Meiko on the phone and Agumon interrupts by declaring that they will always be friends. Jane was back at home finally and her mother wasn't home again.

"What a Christmas?"

Jane said as she sat on the couch. Renamon was out in the balconey looking into the night sky.

'It feels like I'm forgetting something, oh well'

She thought but shrugged it off. Jane was already almost out of high school in just a couple of months.

"Hey Renamon, want to watch a movie?"

Jane asked to her partner but before Renamon could answer there was a knock on the door. Renamon immediately disappeared and Jane frown.

"Who could that be?"

She asked. As she went and opened the door and was surprise to see Tai standing there.

"Tai, what a surprise"

Jane said. Tai stood looking at the ground sadly.

"Tai?"

"Jane, through this whole experience I just want to say I'm sorry. I acted like a real jerk and despite everything I threw at you, you remained a friend to me. So I'm sorry and I just hope we can go back to just being friends before this whole deal had started"

Tai said sincerely finally looking up at Jane. Jane smiled gently at him.

"Yeah, I would like that too"

"Sorry I was disrupting your Christmas"

"No its fine, its just me and Renamon, we were just about to watch a movie"

Tai frown slightly.

"And where's your mom?"

"Coven"

She answered simply. Tai nodded.

"I just came to drop this off"

Tai said revealing a present he was hiding from his back. Jane smiled and took it.

"Thank you. Um you want to come in?"

"Will you be okay with that?"

"Sure"

Jane opens the door wider allowing Tai to come in. Renamon appeared and made a quick greeting with Tai. Jane and Tai sat on the couch as Jane began to open the present.

"I hope you like it"

Tai said softly. Jane opened it to reveal a black headband.

"Aw this is so cute. Thank you"

Tai smiled and chuckled.

"You handle this better than Sora when I gave her that hair pin"

Jane giggled.

"I was thinking of doing a new style with my hair"

"So how are you and Matt doing?"

Tau asked hesitantly. Jane sadly smiled.

"Honestly, he's been kind of distant, I guess its probably because of his band"

"Oh, I'm sorry"

"Don't be, it will pass"

Tai smiled and slightly nudge her.

"So did you got me a present?"

"Yes I did and in fact its right here"

Jane said as she stood up and went to a closet and took out a show box and opened it to get a small box that was wrapped in a white bow. Jane went back to the couch and handed it to Tai. Tai smiled and opened it to reveal a key, he held it up and frown.

"What does it open?"

"The apartment, so you won't no longer knock on the door"

"But what about..."

He said trailing off as Jane giggled cutting him off.

"Mother won't mind. I promise"

Tai smiled at her before giving her a hug.

"I'm glad you still trust me"

A/N Rate and Comment