Disown

Enjoy!

Tai and Jane were laughing along the way with Renamon and Agumon walking behind them. They were heading towards Jane's home.

"So are you up to hang out at the beach tomorrow?"

"Sure I'm in"

Jane said with a smile as she opened the door to the apartment and stopped when she notice the candles were already lit.

"Mother, you're here?"

Jane called as they all stepped in. Jane's mother came out from the kitchen holding a cup of tea. Tai smiled at Beth.

"Its good to see you"

Tai said politely but Beth had a frown on her face looking at them.

"Mother?"

Jane asked worriedly.

"I think its time for you to go Tai"

Tai nodded but was also worried about Jane getting into trouble.

"Wait Beth, if your gonna yell at Jane for being late its my fault..."

He said trailing off but Beth licked her lips

"Go"

She said sternly. Tai looked to Jane and Jane just gave him a small nod in reassurance that everything is okay. Tai said nothing as he left with Agumon. Beth look to Renamon.

"Leave us. I need to have a talk with my daughter"

Renamon nodded and went outside to the balconey and hop on to the roof. Beth went and sat down at the dining table settling her coffee down and opened the chair closer to her daughter with a wave of her hand.

"Sit"

She said sternly. Jane quickly did what she was told and sat down as her mother sat across from her. The candles made the room dim with lights.

"I received a call from the academy, you missed the time of the trial for the new supreme. Where were you?"

Jane gasp, she had completely forgotten about the trials of the seven wonders. Now she knew why her mother was upset.

"Um, well, thing is, i-i went -to the library, and, um..."

"Don't lie to me! You don't even have books with you!"

'Now's my chance to be completely honest with her'

Jane thought.

"Um, I was with my friends at the park."

"Friends? For what?"

"I was just hanging out with them. Look, Mother, I'm... I'm sorry. I just don't wanna to be part of the coven. I wanna be normal.

"Normal?

She asked with a raised eyebrow and stood up. Jane knew now she's into the fire and decided to think of something but now her mouth was just rambling.

"Look, , no, it's okay, it's okay. I can get to the coven and ask for a do-over. I'm sure they won't reject me

Beth slams the desk and the whole room is silenced.

"How did I end up with a daughter like you, eh? You're nothing like me. You never were, and you never will be."

Beth said walking away. Jane stood up and grabbed on to her mother's dress.

"I'll go back! Mother, wait! I'll go back! I promise!"

Beth took a step back and slapped Jane on the side of her cheek causing her to let go of the dress. Beth let out a sigh as she stare at her daughter who had tears trailing down her face and holding her now red throbbing cheek.

"I was once just like you, you know that? But that's why I'm hard on you because I see in you my past mistake"

"You think I'm a mistake?"

Jane asked sadly.

"Your father was a normal human. I got sidetrack of my duties of wanting to become a supreme but the next thing I knew my mother kicked me out, your father left me and I found out I was pregnant with you and now look at me, I'm a powerful white witch"

Jane was stunned at the new information she never knew about.

'Its like is history is repeating itself'

Jane thought.

"Matt is not going to leave me"

Jane said trying to sound firm. Beth smirk

"Oh yes he will, so I'm going to do the exact same thing what my mother did to me"

"And what's that?"

Jane asked nervously.

"Pack your bags and get out. From this moment on you will no longer be my daughter"

Jane gasp as more tears trailed down her face.

"Mother please don't, where do you expect me to go?"

"I don't know and I don't care but you can't stay here"

She said walking away from her crying daughter.

"Don't you love me?! For crying out loud I'm your flesh in blood!"

Jane yelled angrily. Beth stopped and slightly looked back.

"Along with my past mistakes"

"Mom, please you are not like your mother, you're different"

"I thought the same but from a couple of years from now you will soon realize it"

"Why don't you want me?"

Jane asked softly.

"You said you no longer want to be a witch but it is in your blood. You are trying to live a normal life so why would you want to stay in a witch's home"

"I didn't mean it like that, I meant like I don't want to continue doing spells, rituals, I just want to be me"

"Jane...."

Beth said quietly. Jane looked up at her mother with hopeful eyes.

"Yes"

"Pack up your things, I'm giving you three hours because you want to pack normally but if you want to continue to be a witch you will already be pack in less than 15 minutes. Now get going"

She said not bothering to look back at her heartbreaking daughter. Jane cried as she began to pack up all of her belonging. Renamon came back inside and Jane told her what happened. Renamon wanted to talk to Beth.

"There is no use"

Jane said quietly.

"Then where are we planning to go?"

"Tai"

Renamon nodded and helped Jane pack up everything. Jane looked back at her apartment and set the key on the floor before closing the door. After a few hours Jane and Renamon made it to the Kamiya's home, it was already late in the middle of the night. Jane knocked on the door.

"Man who could be up this late?"

Tai asked as he opened the door and was surprise to see Jane holding a box and tears trailing down her face.

"Jane?"

A/N Rate and Comment