Deal

Enjoy!

A few years went by and Tai, Jane, Matt and Sora were in Junior High School. Although some things were not the same. Jane wanted to tell Tai how she felt about him but feared rejection. She wondered if he could just accept the minor contact and still keep her secret hidden. She found it odd how Tai hadn't noticed this, maybe he had but didn't want to say anything to her. Maybe he knew of Jane's feelings but didn't want to return them.

'I mustn't think like that, I have to stay positive'

Jane thought to herself. Jane tried to make herself feel better but it was no use. She was in a empty classroom by herself thinking over things lately while everyone else was at the cafeteria. No matter how much she tried to picture herself and Tai together she couldn't.

'What would a strong, brave and courageous man like Tai want with a pale white witch girl like me?'

Jane thought.

'He could have anyone he wanted, he probably likes Sora.'

Jane knew that Sora always had a crush on Tai but he was unsure on Tai's feelings towards the slu-...girl.

'Tai never seemed to be that interested in her and always rolled his eyes every time she made one of her damn friendship speeches. But he's never said that he isn't into her.'

Jane started to think negatively again.

'But he's never said he wasn't into me either, and has been using a lot of physical contact lately. Does this mean he likes me?'

Jane found herself having this same conversation with herself over and over again. Contemplating telling Tai how she felt, doubting herself and repeating it. It was crushing her. She knew there was only one way to make this feeling stop. She would have to tell him. Even if she was rejected she could get over that much easier than never knowing if her Tai liked her or not. Jane sighed.

'Why should I bother, I know he'll reject me and then our friendship will be ruined. If I can just hold it in I can keep Tai as a friend. I won't ruin it by gambling for more than friendship.'

Jane knew she couldn't hold in her emotions for ever.

'Oh god, listen to me go on about friendship, I'm starting to sound like Sora and Mimi. Well I want more than friendship. I want my Tai and I want him to want me! Is that so much to ask? I can make a spell and have him fall in love with me but what good is that if its not true love?'

Jane started to get angry with her emotions being bottled up inside her. She clenched her fists and squeezed her eyes shut. She calmed herself down and sighed.

"I wish I could tell Tai."

Jane said out loud.

"Tell me what, Jane?"

A gentle voice asked. Jane jumped, not knowing Tai had walked into the classroom.

"Uh...It's nothing."

Jane said quickly looking up at Tai. It was obvious that she was lying.

"Oh, okay then. What are you doing in here, all alone?"

"Just thinking"

Tai smiled at Jane to show he understood. He wouldn't pressure her knowing what Jane was going to say but knew that she was too nervous to say. So he went along with Jane's poor attempt of a lie. Tai loved Jane too much to force her into telling him what she was going to say. Unknown to Jane, Tai loved her just as much as Jane loved him and it wasn't the hormones talking. Tai would face up to any challenge with courage but if it meant telling his friend how he really felt, his legs would turn to jelly. He tried to look confident during any physical contact but inside he was fighting back the urge to glomp Jane so hard that they would fall to the ground. He knew he wouldn't be able to control himself soon. He would be too tempted to feel Jane's soft fragile body.

"I have to go."

Said Jane as she got up from her seat and ran out the room trying to hide her red embarrassed face. Tai sighed.

"Wait a minute"

He said as he ran out to chase Jane as soon as he catched up to her, he gently and firmly grabbed hold of her arm stopping her. Jane turn to look up to Tai. Tai felt his heart stop as he looked into her eyes.

'How can I tell her? She's so innocent and beautiful, I wish I could just hold her and kiss her neck with a passion that only I could give her.'

Thought Tai. Now he was having his own monologue

'She seems so nervous when I try to hug her. Like she doesn't want me to touch her but at the same time the way she blushes makes it look like she wants more. I wish I could just tell her but if she rejects me our friendship would just be so awkward. I wouldn't be able to face her again. Maybe I could run away somewhere far away where nothing could remind me of Jane but why do that when I could just have her as a friend.'

Tai thought to himself.

"I...uh...wanted to tell you something."

Tai stuttered. Jane giggled at Tai's sudden shyness.

'What am I doing?'

Tai thought.

'There is no way Jane could feel the same way as I feel for her. I'm only going to get myself hurt. I just can't stop, I need her.'

An idea suddenly came Tai's mind as a smirk appeared on his face.

"I was wondering if we can make a deal"

"A deal?"

"Mhmm"

"Sounds fun. What is it?"

"Its simple really but that's only if you want to"

"What is it?"

She asked with a smile and a raised eyebrow.

"You and I have a friend with benefits relationship but whoever gets a boyfriend or girlfriend then the deal would be off"

"Why would I want to do this?"

"Because that way we can both practice how to kiss better and how to talk to someone better when it comes time for to having a real relationship with someone else"

Jane thought for a couple of minutes and smiled and grabbed hold of Tai's hand shaking it.

"Deal"

Tai grinned.

'That way, I won't be hurt by his/her rejection'

Tai and Jane thought together.

A/N Rate and Comment