Place Of My Own

Enjoy!

Its been a few days since Jane was disown from her mother. Tai, Kari, Yuuko and Susumo were helping Jane find a place of her own. Jane and Tai were on the table looking through papers and on the computer trying to find places for rent.

"Any look?"

Kari asked as she came from the door with he father right behind her.

"Not yet"

Jane said with a sigh.

"Well I got some news, a friend of mine from work knows a place that's renting and I think its the one you are looking for"

Susumo said with a smile as he sat down across from Jane and Tai. Jane smiled.

"Really? Where is it?"

"Its a couple of city's away"

"That's great"

Jane said with a smile, unknowingly that Tai frown sadly as he got up taking his cup of coffee and headed to the kitchen. Jane turn to Tai who went to the kitchen.

"Tai you heard, this is great"

"Yeah great"

Tai said quietly as he left the kicthen and went to his bedroom closing the door. Jane turned her attention back to Susumo.

"Can we check it out now?"

"Its kind of a long drive, how about this weekend we all go"

He said to Kari who smiled and nodded. Later on that same day, Susumo was sitting on the couch.

"Dad can I talk to you?"

Tai said quietly to his dad as he sat aside from him.

"Sure what is it, son?"

"Can you do me a favor and come up with a lie and tell Jane that the house already been sold"

Susumo frown.

"Tai, why would you want me to do that? I thought you wanted to help Jane?"

"I do but I don't want her going far away, she's my best friend"

"Tai I'm sorry but I'm not gonna do that"

"But..."

"Tai a true friend will respect the other friend's decision. You don't have to like it but just support them. Jane needs you now more than ever before now she's on her own. If this is what she wants to do then by all means support her."

Tai cast his eyes down and slowly nodded.

"Okay"

He said as he stood up and was about to walk away.

"Son?"

Tai stopped but didn't bother to look back.

"Yeah?"

"If this has something to do with love then just tell her now while you still have a chance."

"I lost my chance, she's with Matt"

Tai said quietly as he walked back to his room.

*Next Day*

Tai was drinking a cup of coffee and almost spilled it when he heard his name being shouted.

"Tai! Tai!! Tai!!!"

The front door opened to reveal Jane and Kari shouting happily. Tai smiled sadly and looked to them in surprise.

"What is it?"

"While, Jane and I were on our way up the elevator, the manager put up an apartment for rent just right below us"

Kari explained.

"Yeah and if I get the place then I won't have to move so far away"

Jane said happily. Tai couldn't help but bring Jane into a hug but right at that moment Matt came in and saw his girlfriend hugging Tai.

"What's going on?"

Matt asked as he made his way to them. Tai and Jane pulled away as Jane explained to Matt about an apartment being for rent just below them. Matt went with Jane for Jane can talk to the owner about renting the apartment. In less than 15 minutes Matt and Jane return back to the Kamiya's apartment.

"So what did he say?"

Kari asked. Jane smiled.

"I got the apartment. We're gonna be neighbors"

"When will you start moving in?"

Yuuko asked.

"Right now, I just need to give him the deposit money and get the key"

"Then let's start getting the things together"

Jane happily gave the money to the owner and was surprise that she even had the full amount. The owner gave Jane the key allowing her to enter her new apartment. The Kamiya's and Matt helped Jane set up everything, even bought new furnitures and other necessary things. Yuuko helped Jane to get online of how to pay for the light and the gas bill. As the day was coming to an end, Matt had to go home and promised Jane that he would come back tomorrow morning to help her out. Mr and Mrs. Kamiya and Kari had left leaving Tai alone with Jane to help her a little bit, while Renamon and Agumon were in the other room settling some other things.

"So Jane you didn't exactly tell me how you were going to pay?"

Jane giggled.

"I told you I have some savings"

"But what would you do if you run out?"

"Actually, how about I show you. You see that weird looking chest"

Tai walked over to it and opened it and was surprise to see a small safe. He raised an eyebrow.

"Open it"

Jane instructed. Tai opened the small heavy safe and was surprise to see a load of cash.

"Wow"

"Now dump everything out and close it"

"What?"

He asked confused.

"Just trust me"

Tai did what he was told and dumped it and closed it back up.

"Now give it a minute"

Tai frown as a minute passed and suddenly he felt the safe heavy again. Tai opened it to reveal another set of cash. Tai had his mouth open in surprise.

"What the..."

He said trailing off as he placed the safe down and looked to Jane who was laughing.

"Its a magical safe, if you want I can get you one"

"Really? That would be great"

"Yeah just don't tell anyone"

"Aren't you afraid someone might steal it?"

"That's why I need to keep it hidden"

Tai laughs.

"That is a really good safe, so I guess you will be financially stable huh?"

"Yupp everytime I open the safe its a grand in there"

Tai smiled.

"I wouldn't mind having one of these babies"

"I'll get you one, don't worry"

She said with a wink.

A/N Rate and Comment