A Bad time to get Shot

Peter was just finishing up patrol when Karen alerted him to something a few blocks down. Apparently some guy was threatening someone with a gun. Peter was currently on the phone, talking to his dad, and informed him he was gonna be a little late. Tony said he'd stay on the phone, just to make sure everything went fine and because he didn't want to hang up just to answer two minutes later. Peter shrugged and swung off in the direction Karen led him. He dropped down into the alley a metre from the gunman, successfully shocking both victim and assailant. He grinned even though it wasn't very visible through his mask.

"Dude, way to show off America's love for guns!" Peter exclaimed. He webbed the gun and pulled it from the man's hand. He investigated it closer. "You were even gonna shoot a kid. Most people do that at schools, but you do you, man." Peter shrugged and tossed the gun over his shoulder. The gunman charged at him before he could say anything else and he hit the ground hard.

"Stupid spider," he muttered. He kicked Peter and grabbed his gun. Peter wrestled him, trying to pull the gun out of the man's hand. It shot and the kid screamed. Peter glanced at him quickly to make sure he wasn't hurt and froze when he recognised the kid as Flash. His delay was just enough for the gunman to take his gun back and point it at Peter.

"Is someone pointing a gun at you?" Tony asked. Peter raised his hands as the man kept his gun aimed at him.

"Now's not the best time for distractions, Dad," Peter muttered. The man thought Peter was talking him and frowned.

"Don't insult me!" he snarled. Peter rushed to explain he wasn't, he was actually talking to his dad and could the gunman hang on just a second. Confused, the man lowered his weapon just a bit.

"Don't hang up on me!" Tony told him. The gunman raised his gun again and shot at Peter. Peter's second mistake was not moving when he felt his spidey senses go off.

"I'm fine, I'm just in the middle—" Suddenly he was in the middle of screaming. The gunman took off and Peter dropped to his knees. The bullet had torn through his abdomen and he was bleeding profusely.

"Peter? Talk to me! What happened?" Tony yelled. Peter gasped, trying to stop the bleeding by covering up his wound. "I'm on my way. Don't move!" Peter didn't want to anyway with the pain coming from his side.

"Spider-Man? Are you okay?" Flash asked, rushing to Peter's side. Peter nodded quickly. He couldn't breath with his mask on but refused to take it off. Flash was not going to learn he was Spider-Man.

"Yeah, head on home now, kid," Peter said, gasping for air. Flash shook his head and looked around for something to stop Peter's bleeding.

"I'm gonna help you," Flash said. Peter groaned in frustration and pain, leaning back against the alley wall.

"My Dad's on his way," Peter said. "Just go." He heard the Iron Man armour above him and sighed in relief. His dad was here. Now he could panic and his dad could be the calming one.

"Oh god, Peter," Tony said. He dropped out of his Iron Man suit and ripped off Peter's mask. Peter gulped in the cold air and started crying. How did Aunt Tasha get shot and say it wasn't that painful? His gunshot wound hurt like hell!

"Dad!" Peter cried. Tony nodded and gently moved Peter's hand from his wound. Blood poured from his side and Peter shook in pain. Tony quickly got back in his suit then picked up Peter, not bothering to threaten Flash about spilling Peter's identity. He rushed Peter to the Tower's medical bay and waited anxiously for Peter to get out of surgery. When a doctor came and told Tony he was out but unconscious, Tony wasted no time getting to his room. He sat beside Peter's bed and grabbed his hand. Pepper came running in a few minutes later in a bath robe and her hair pulled back in a messy bun. FRIDAY had woken her up and explained the situation once Peter was out of surgery.

"Oh my god," Pepper gasped when she saw her son. She sat beside Tony and reached for his hand. Tony gave her a light squeeze and said nothing about the tears in her eyes. "He'll be okay, right?" she asked, brushing a hand through Peter's curls.

"Yeah, he's gonna be okay," Tony promised. They both watched Peter while he slept, waiting for him to wake up. When he did, his wound was almost entirely healed thanks to his enhanced healing. It still hurt when he stretched and the incision from his surgery left a pink line, but other than that it was healed.

"Hey," he murmured softly. Pepper let out a small cry and kissed his forehead. "Hey, mama," he whispered, leaning towards her touch.

"You're so stupid," she said, tearing up again. Peter gave her a small smile then looked at his dad.

"Did you talk to Flash?" he asked. Tony frowned in confusion. Who was Flash and why was he so important it was the first thing Peter asked about after getting shot? "He was the kid in the alley that I helped. He goes to my school and now he knows you're my dad and that I'm Spider-Man."

"Crap," Tony sighed. He had completely forgotten about the kid. "I'll contact him and tell him not to tell anyone."

"Thanks, Dad," Peter said. Tony nodded and kissed the hand he was holding. "Do you think I could skip school today? And maybe tomorrow?" Pepper gave him a look."Thanks,

"Mom! I'm fine!" he insisted. Pepper shook her head.

"Getting shot does not leave someone 'fine'," she told him. "You had surgery. You are in the hospital. You are the opposite of fine." Peter rolled his eyes.

"Fine, three days," he bargained. Pepper looked hesitant but Tony backed Peter up and she agreed. He then went to talk to Flash who promised over and over again that he wouldn't tell a soul what had happened. Peter was very surprised when Flash came up to him and thanked him for saving his life and then stood up for him any time someone made a rude comment. Ned asked what had happened and Peter told him.

"Wow," Ned said, staring across the room at Flash. "It's like a complete turn around." Peter nodded.

"Yeah," he agreed. He wasn't sure how he felt about it yet, but he was pretty sure he could get used to it eventually.