first day (ms. cooper pov)

uwu something new! also, the stuff between max and preston was P L A T O N I C. wow y'all. anyway, here ya go.

ms. cooper/pauline cooper's pov (aka sunshine teacher)

i rushed into class late. hooey, i deserve a tardy slip for that one. leandro and akira were really acting up today. probably because they knew i would be gone for a while. haha, well at least i was in the right classroom this year. last year, i walked into the wrong class on the first day! what a mess.

i stood in the doorway to catch my breath and then began walking in. i didn't notice that there was a paper on the floor, though and i fell right on my face! ugh how embarrassing. i quickly started to scramble to get my papers. what a first impression. then, a nice boy with bright eyes walked over and started to help me pick up my papers.

"thank you." i whispered.
"yeah, well first days can suck." he said back, still collecting papers.
"don't worry, go back to your seat. i got this."
i finished picking up my papers and set them on the table.

i wrote my name in the whiteboard and said,
"hello, class! i am ms. cooper!"

y'all know what happens next so a timeskip

there was a bit of free time at the end of class, so i let the kids talk with one another. i looked around the classroom, trying to remember all of their names and match them with their faces. then i spot max in the corner. he wasn't talking to anyone, which was weird. i thought there was this one other kid he was friends with.

i decided to walk over to max's desk and try to talk to him. the whole time we talked, he seemed a little jittery and uncomfortable. but more than the other kids. i knew there was something up. something had happened. and i was determined to figure out what.

as he left, i wished him a good day. he said "i hope you have a nice day too."

okay, progress. he's talking to me.

now i just have to figure him out.

369 words