Chapter Three

John Pov
I found myself in the living room at midnight in a panic after I remembered I had an essay due. I didn't know where the fuck Alex had went, because he left not much after the guy had showed up asking for him.

I groaned, wiping my face, trying to remember everything I've studied in the past six months. The only thing I could think of was the Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell and that isn't even fucking law.

That's sixth grade science.
I think.

Can't fucking remember shit actually. My eyes darted to the door as I heard the lock click.

I watched Alex stumble in and collapse on the couch next to me.

"You good?"
I asked slowly.

"I'm tipsy, beat up and sleep deprived, do I seem okay?" Alex said, slurring his words ever so slightly.

"Well at least you don't have your usual mind," I said, turning back to my laptop.

He glared at me and hissed,
"Whats that supposed to mean?"

"You're depressed all the fucking time. Drunk Alex is better than sober Alex."
I hummed.

"No, sober Alex is smart."
Alex grumbled.

I laughed a bit, muttering,
"No He ain't,"

"Want to hear how I ended up in a fight?" Alex asked.

"..Sure."
I muttered, just trying to finish my fucking essay.

"So I was smoking, right? And then this guy was all like you're a pussy. And then something else and something else and then I was outside of a bar, fighting this guy to the fucking death." Alex told me, glaring at the ceiling, his legs over the side of the couch.

"I have to finish this essay Alex."
I muttered.

"You have class tomorrow?"
Alex asked.

"Alex we are in the same fucking class." I deadpanned.

"Oh shit,"
Alex whispered, rubbing his face.

"Didn't you do the essay two weeks ago?" I asked.

"Yeah but I still have class tomorrow. I don't like classs," He whined, leaving his hands on his face.

"Then skip," I shrugged.

"I can't just skip John. I'd get hella behind." Alex muttered.

I snorted when he said hella, but tried to cover it up by clearing my throat.

"Oh fuck off,"
He slurred, getting up and walking to his room, nearly tripping.

I shook my head, sighing.

"jOhn! There's a big ass spider!"
Alex exclaimed.

"Are you sure you're not hallucinating?" I called back.

I heard him whisper,
"..Oh."

Alex tends to hallucinate now and then. When I first met him it was a bit strange for him to ask,
"Did you just hear that?"
When it was completely silent, but after knowing him for five years and rooming with him for three, it's not out of the ordinary for him to randomly furrow his eyebrows and stare at something nobody else can see.

I'm not gonna lie, it's kinda cool from time to time. I guess. I don't know, it must suck from his point of view though. Alex is just..
a pretty strange person and he's my best friend. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty strange too.

I can't give you a list of weird shit I do but Alex probably has ten thousand things just off the top of his head.

I'm been through thick and thin with him. Even though neither of us would admit it, we hold each other up.

Without the other there's no doubt that we'd be struggling. More than we already are.

I remember being the kid who never talked in high school. I don't think I really need to say that Alex somehow managed to change that in our Senior year.

Yeah, I had friends, I just was just one of those kids who didn't show up to parties because I was 'sick'.

Going into college was the time that I felt a lot less insecure because people don't insult you left and right just for living your life.

That and I started working out but who gives a fuck?

I gotta say I haven't been called a loser in the past four years which is nice. Alex, and Laf excluded.

I've known Laf longer than I've known Alex and we've always been fairly close. A brotherly love, I'd say.

I watched Alex come out of his room, get a cup and over fill it with water, leaned over the sink and drenched his head in water.

I furrowed my eyebrows.
He sighed, putting the cup in the sink, and walked back to his room, water coming off his wet hair.

"..Should I ask?" I said.

"Probably not."
He muttered, closing his door.

I sighed and started to work on my essay again. I was however rudely interrupted by Alex shrieking and sprinting out of his room.

"There's a fucking spider!" He shouted.

"You sure you weren't hall-"

"It was on my fucking hand John!"
He exclaimed.

"Is it a big spider?"
I asked.

He panted a little a bit and muttered, "Size of my fucking hand."

I furrowed my eyebrows, making a Jim Halpert™ face.

"Sleep on couch for two days and we ain't gonna open that door till the thing has died of starvation." I said.

He nodded, wiping his eyes.

Alex curled up on the edge of the couch and fell asleep. His damp auburn hair was flattened by the pillow, scrunching up slightly.

Fucking spiders.
Gross little fucking..
ew.