Chapter Twenty Six

Today's the seventeenth year since the terrorist attack on 9/11. I wrote a oneshot thingy at the end of this but it doesn't really contribute to this story but read it if you'd like. I put a lot of work into it so if anyone reads it, that'd be awesome! :)
The chapter itself is pretty small but the oneshot is like 2,000+ words.

John Pov
I saw sprawled out on the couch, scrolling through memes that I've seen millions of times. Y'all need new memes this shit is old.

Alex burst through the front door, causing my head to look up in surprise. "I'm so fucking pissed." He said angrily.

"Why so?" I asked.
"Oh god, don't get me started. My mouth already hurts from running it nonstop for god knows how long before I had to get punched so I'd shut the fuck up." Alex said, moving my legs and sitting down next to me.

I glared at him momentarily before pointing my feet on his lap.
Alex sighed.

"And I haven't took my pills in forever so maybe that has a factor in..
what happened but whatever."
Alex muttered, rubbing his face.

I gave a short nod, turning off my phone and putting it in my pocket. "What happened?" I asked.

"Why do I even take math class? I hate it. I hate it all and I want to die."
He said.

I furrowed my eyebrows, saying,
"You need it to graduate. And for credits. But anyway..You okay?"

"I'm fine. I mean I'm not fine but whatever, doesn't matter. Yes it does but you don't want to hear it. I think. God I'm so fucking-"

"Yo, rant to me and I'll be angry with you." I said.

He sighed, wiping, his face again.
"Everyone's an asshole and they all hate me and you're the only one that gets me and I'm pouting." Alex said, crossing his arms, and slinking down.

"What's the most stupid thing you've done?" Alex asked.

Well shit.
That's never a good way to start a rant.

"One time I was running a fever and I climbed on top of a house because I saw a fire a few blocks down." I said with a shrug.

Alex snorted, snickering.
"How old were you?"

"Not old enough to climb into a house by myself." I replied.

Alex laughed again, nodding.
"I want to rant but I don't want to be reminded at the same time."
Alex muttered, moving closer to me and snuggling into me slightly.

I tensed forced myself to relax.
"You're really hot." Alex said, muffled when he put his head on- or practically into my shoulder.

"You're cute..
for a twink."
I said, with a cocky smirk.

"Should I even try to fight you on that?" Alex asked.

"No."
I replied quickly.

Alex rubbed my thigh, kissing my cheek then hoping over the back of the couch and going to his room. I was stunned. That..
was pretty nice.

Huh.
Alex went from my best friend to my boyfriend.

That's kind of hot, not going to lie.

~•~•~•~

So today is 9/11, marking the 17th anniversary of a terrorist attack on the twin towers, killing around 3,000 people. 1,000 of those people were police officers and firefighters.

There's also this really cool movie called 'The 102 Minutes That Changed America' and its amazing. All of it is live and it's astonishing and so, so terrifying.