Chapter Eleven

John Pov
I leaned on the wall of some store that I didn't know the name of, and was too lazy to turn around and look at the god damn sign. It was around three in the morning, and I don't have class until Friday which is nice.

I never take morning classes because that's a fucking death wish. And though I do want death, the slow mentally challenging one seems a bit harder than getting shot in the chest.

I don't know.
Maybe it's just me though.

Alex took a drag of his cigarette, eyeing some junkies near an apartment.

"What do you think. Kings or Queens?" Alex asked, obviously referring to the junkies.

"Don't know. Definitely not Albany. Maybe Manhattan?" I suggested.

"I say Richmond, if I'm right you own me twenty dollars." He said.

"I gotta put my bet on..
Bronx." I said.

"Let's go see,"
Alex hummed, tossing his cig on the ground.

"Ay, mates!" Alex called, crossing the street, me at his side.

"Who are you?" One of the Four asked, taking up the whole 'leader' role.

"Alexander, accompanied by John." Alex said, putting his hands behind his back.

"You one of them high and mighty junkies then?" The 'leader' asked.

"Elaborate," I hummed, raising an eyebrow.

"One of them bitches who..who like is like us but is all fake polite and shit. You's them?" He asked.

"You could say that." Alex hummed.

"Nice black eye ya got there boy," A guy behind their main man commented.

"Yes, thank you. Took a couple punches, didn't go down without a fight. Anyway, I was going to ask you fine gentlemen-"

"Yo, this guy called us gentlemen!"
One exclaimed, the four snickering lightly.

"What, you want me to call ya street rats? Because I gladly will, but I feel like that'd be an insult to myself, because then I'd have to slink to your level of..whatever the fuck you've got going on here," Alex hissed, his hands dropping to his sides and hands clenching.

I nudged him.

"We didn't come to fight. I just want my twenty dollars." I said.

"Right, Sorry Laur." He muttered.

One of them lunged at us, causing Alex to flinch. I stood still, crossing my arms.

"Ya from the Bronx asshole?" I asked. "I'm a Brookie," He hissed.

"Huh. We's both wrong. I woulda swore a couple rats like them would be from 'Hattan. Not Kings," Alex said, growling slightly.

"Quite a mouth you got there, considering you flinch on first sign of danger," One of them hissed.

"F-fuck off,"
Alex said angrily.

"Where ya from?" Their main man asked me, speaking up after being silent for quite some time.

"South Carolina."
I replied.

He gave a short nod.
"You know your way around New York," He noted.

"It's a fuckin' grid system. If I didn't I think I'd shoot myself." I said.

He snickered.
"I like this one,"

"What about you fox? You gotta homeland?" The leader of the group asked Alex.

"Nevis." He said, wiping his nose.
"..Caribbean right?" The man asked.

Alex gave a small nod, pushing a guy away from him as he was getting slowly jumped.

He's Alex.
He can handle it.

"Samuel, Jack. Away from the poor guy. He wants no business with ya." The main guy said, Samuel and Jack moving away from Alex.

"You got a name?" I asked him.

"King of Kings," He hummed.
"Gotcha King." I said with a smirk.

"You alright?" I said to Alex, who was currently be held down and another guy was taking his jacket.

"Sam! Marvin! The fuck?! You look like fucking rapists! Get off the boy!" King exclaimed.

"Do it bitch! You said you would, I'm looking forward to it!" Alex shouted at the guy straddling him.

The man punched Alex in the face.
Alex spit out some blood and looked back to the guy with a grin.

"Do it again,"
He hissed.

"Your friend..is he mentally ill?"
King asked.

I sighed.
"I don't even know anymore."
I muttered.

I watched Alex get punched a couple more times, until he stopped moving, his eyes barely open.

"Y-you c-can stop n-now."
Alex said quietly, spitting out some more blood.

"That's not for you to decide fox,"
The man said, gripping Alex's neck.

Alex let out a choked noise, clawing at the mans shirt.

"J-John!"
Alex choked out.

I waited a moment and I then tackled the guy on Alex and started beating the fuck out of him.

Mess with Alex?
You're messing with me.

Though I'll watch for a moment so Alex learns his lesson and then I'll help his sorry ass.

The man lost consciousness and I glanced back to King, who was holding back his two other guys from potentially hurting Alex and I.

"Hamilton, You alright?" I asked, watching his chest heave as he held his chest.

"I was just fucking choked Laur! And you watched!" He exclaimed.

"Did you learn your lesson?"
I asked standing up.

"..yeah."
He muttered.

I held out a hand and helped him up. "See ya around King!" I called, walking away with Alex who was stumbling ever so slightly.

"Your dumb ass owes me twenty dollars." I said.

"But you didn't guess Brooklyn,"
He said.

"Yeah but I did save your stupid god damned life so..
twenty dollars."