Chapter Twelve

I'm so fucking sick and I literally want to die. Like I want fucking death I just can't-

Update (I'm at school lmao)
Just now almost got into a fight.
Fucking dope am I right?

John Pov
I sat on the kitchen counter, handing Alex an ice pack which he put on his eye. "Thanks," He muttered, wiping his nose.

"You really out to stop this..chaotic good thing you've got going on."
I told him.

"I know. Can't seem to stop doing it though." He said.

"Well if your not gonna stop then at least invite me to the fucked up shit you do." I said.

"Gladly,"
He replied with a grin.

"I could get you painkillers if you want." I said, eyeing his throat that still had light handprints around it.

"That'd be nice, thank you." He said, running a hand through his hair.

"Aight," I muttered, hopping off the counter and to the bathroom.

I went through our cabinets searching for the painkillers. The search wasn't to long and it wasn't long before I was back on the kitchen counter, handing Alex water and pain killers. I watched him take the pills, drumming my fingers against the edge of the counter.

He swallowed the pills and was quiet for a moment before saying,
"Holy shit."

"What?" I asked. He turned to me and put a hand on my knee.

"The bees John." He said.

"The..
the bees?" I asked.

"The bees are disappearing at an alarming rate!" He exclaimed.

A part of me listened to him shout absolute nonsense while the other half realized his hand had gotten closer to my thigh.

"What are you even saying?" I asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"I honestly don't know. I'm probably high. I think I put weed in the vents while I was drunk." He said.

"Again?!" I exclaimed, jumping off the counter and going to our vent.

I peered through the small cracks and surprisingly (fucking sarcasm by the way) couldn't see through them.

I sighed.
"If there's weed in the vents and we get into trouble again I'm fucking throwing you under the bus buddy." I told him.

"Yeah that's fair." He replied, a bit thoughtful.

"You're a fucking idiot Hamilton."
I said.

"You know that's not true,"
He hummed, getting off the counter.

"You put weed in the vents."
I deadpanned.

"Yeah? So we can slowly get high. If that's not smart, I don't know what is." He said, subconsciously playing with the bandages on his hands.

"You're insane." I said.
"At least I ain't normal," He shrugged.

I tried to picture Alex as normal, but it just..the thought process of it didn't..seem right.

"Yeah, and I have class today at twelve," He said.

"Right, right, you take math?" I asked.

"Yeah. Only need 12 more credits in that class so if I do extra cred right now, I'd have my full credits for that class so I could flunk the midterm if I wanted. So..guess who's gonna be getting wasted the night before midterm?" He asked with a smile.

I sighed.
"..You."

"Exactly," He said, glancing at the clock.

"Yeah I gotta go. Wanna come with me?" He asked.

"Yeah. Do you have to take the bus to math?" I asked.

"Nah, it's relatively close." He told me, grabbing his bag. I took my phone and put it in my pocket, walking out with Alex and locking the door behind us.

We walked into the building and I scanned the people in it.

"Why do you take classes with the Freshmen?" I asked.

He glared at me and said,
"That's not my class dipshit."

"Oh," I muttered, my eyes catching a girl that looked vaguely similar to Catherine.

We locked eyes for a moment and she smiled. I gave a short wave and continued to walk off with Alex.

"Don't date Catherine," He hissed.

"Why would I date- Alex you know I'm gay." I said, eyebrows furrowed.

He looked at me with a face that said, 'Oh really?'

"You date girls out of pity John. I've literally seen you do it. So don't tell me to shut up. One, she's a Schuyler, meaning I dated her sister and two, she's a freshmen which means she's out of bounds, and four, she has older brothers. And a father." He said.

"So what if she has a father? Hell, Alex, I have a father." I told him.

"No, I mean they'll pull a Draco Malfoy and be all, 'mY fAtHeR wiLl bE hEaRinG aBouT tHis!1!1'" Alex said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Bye Johnny!" He said mockingly, walking into his class.

"Bye you motherfucking piece of literal shit." I muttered.

I turned around and went back down the hall, glancing to all the early Freshmen.

"Hey! John, right?"
Catherine asked.

I laughed nervously, slowing down to a stop. "Yeah, and you're..Catherine right?" I asked, offering a smile.

She smiled, nodding.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, a playful sound in her voice.

I chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck. "Taking Alex to class." I told her.

"Aw, that's nice." She said.

I shrugged.
"I mean..I guess." I said.

She glanced behind her.
"I gotta go. Class," She said.

I smiled, giving a nod. The second she turned around, I walked as fast as I could out of that building.

I like walking Alex to class because I'm with Alex and I like Alex.

But now I have to avoid someone while walking him.
Great.