Chapter Thirty Five

John Pov
The way back didn't seem as long as the way there. I suppose it's because I just knew we were going home and that was enough to help me relax a little. I think Alex just wants to go back home. Probably one of the only things Lex liked about South Carolina is the weather.

"I told my brother." I said.

"You- What?" Alex asked, looking up from his book.

"Jemmy. He knows." I said.

Alex furrowed his eyebrows. "He knows we sell drugs?"

I pushed Alex's shoulder, shaking my head.

"You really should keep your voice down when we are in public and you start joking about selling drugs." I said.

"Yeah...joking.." Alex said, winking.

"Stop. This has taken an unexpected turn and I do not appreciate it." I said. Alex just shrugged.

"He knows that-"

"That we do drugs? But not our own stuff though, cuz that'll get ya in trouble." Alex interrupted.

"If you say one more thing about drugs, I'll fart on you."

"Ew."

"He knows that we're dating." I told him.

"Oh. Cool." Alex shrugged.

"He said he wouldn't tell my father. Which is good." I said.

"Oh yeah, I should probably tell you this. Don't get pissed about it." Alex said.

I was immediately concerned and already a little pissed.

"Your sister knows. That you're gay. I think she knows we're dating or at the very least she thinks I'm 'humoring' her gay brother." Alex said.

I was suddenly a lot more concerned and very pissed.

"Did you tell her?" I asked, keeping my voice down.

"No, no. I'm not- Why would you think I'd tell her?" Alex asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Because you never stop talking about anything. I wouldn't be surprised if something slipped out of your mouth." I said, snapping at him a little.

"I'm not an idiot, I know what I talk about. I didn't say shit about your gay ass." Alex said, snapping right back at me.

"How would you know? How would my sister know if you didn't tell her?" I said, again pausing to lower my voice.

"I don't know, maybe she saw you doing some gay shit in high school." Alex said.

"What would you know?"

"A lot more than you apparently."

"You're being an asshole." I said. "You're being an idiot." He shot back. "Likewise." I hissed.

"Oh, fuck you." Alex said, rolling his eyes and going back to reading.

"If you think this conversation is over, you're wrong." I said, running a hand through my hair.

"Fuck off."

"Hey, you're lucky I'm not shouting at you in a damn train." I said.

Alex stayed silent.

"Oh wow, someone has learned how to bite their tongue. A little late for that though," I said, putting my elbow on the little table that came down from the seat in front of me.

"You're being a dick about nothing. I didn't tell her anything. Why don't you just believe me?!" Alex exclaimed.

"Shh!"

"Yeah, I'm such a bad guy, I know. Boo-hoo. You're right. This conversation isn't over." Alex hissed.

"You just be glad I'm not breaking up with you in a damn train car." I said angrily.

"You gonna break up with me? If you are, do it now. Pussy." Alex said.

"We're doing this later." I said, knowing Alex was just as angry as I was, and that this would not end well.

"What's the point? If you're just going to break up with me then do it now." Alex said.

"We aren't going to..We'll talk later." I said.

"You mean argue later." Alex muttered, looking out the window.

"Oh, fuck you."

Alex turned back and glared. "Likewise."