Chapter Thirty Two

John Pov
I lied on my bed next to Alex, an arm wrapped around his shoulders as we watched Tv. I sighed softly, glancing to Alex. His bruises are healing so that's a plus.

"Do you plan on coming out to your family over break?" Alex asked suddenly, looking to me.

"No. Definitely not." I told him.
He sighed, looking back at the Tv.

"Maybe I'll tell my siblings or somethin'. Not my father. I'm not ready for that shit storm yet." I said, shaking my head.

I should probably start planning for the worst for when I do decide to tell him. Maybe get my finances under control so if it goes badly and he stops helping me pay off college I could handle myself. I don't know. I'll think about it later.

Alex put his head on my shoulder, closing his eyes. I let my head rest against his, liking the calm feeling in the room.

"I really fucking like you John."
Alex said.

"Good to know," I said, grinning.

"Say it back punk." Alex said, opening his eyes, and hitting my shoulder lightly.

"You're amazing, and I like you too. Even though you're an asshole." I said, moving my arm off his shoulder.

He took my hand in his, looking down at our hands then back at me. I forgot to breathe for a moment.

"This okay?"
"Definitely."

Alex snickered, moving his head back onto my shoulder.

"On a scale from one to ten, how much would you freak out if I kissed you?" He asked.

And I forgot how to breathe again. "..Define what you mean by freak out.." I said slowly. "

"How long would you shout at me for?" Alex rephrased.

"A grand total of zero seconds." I said, looking down at Alex.

He turned his head and quickly pecked my lips too fast for me to really give a response and buried his head in my shoulder.

I snickered.
"Did you make yourself flustered? How'd you manage to do that?"
I asked, laughing lightly.

"You know how you asshat." Alex said, his voice muffled.

"I can't believe I thought you were a tomcat!" I said, very amused by this.

"Close your mouth." Alex said, keeping his head on my shoulder.

"Oh, how the tables have turned."
I said laughing.

"I thought I told you to close your mouth!" Alex exclaimed, though his voice was playful and he let go of my hand, pushing my arm.

"Are you actually embarrassed?"
I asked, still laughing.

"Shut up!" He said, wiping his face and grinning.

"Uh, no, because this is fucking hilar-"

I was cut off by Alex kissing me.
It took me an awkward moment before I realized I should probably close my eyes.

It was..how do I even describe that?

It was still. And perfect. It was perfect because it wasn't perfect because neither of us line up to perfection but it seemed so exhilarating. My nose hit his, and to be frank it was pretty fucking painful but the elated feeling made me forget the pain quickly.

We found our way apart, both of us grinning. I wanted to do it again. It had an almost intoxicating feeling.

He started to laugh in what I can only think was relief. I shook my head, snickering.

"Why are we laughing?"
Alex asked, still laughing.

"I'm not sure," I said, grinning.

I sighed softly, gazing at Alex with what I can assume was a love struck look. He smiled at me, lopsidedly.

I kissed his forehead, pulling him close again and moving my arm back around his shoulders. He curled up by my side, putting on arm on my chest, glancing up at me then looking back to the Tv.

My door swung open and I pulled away from Alex, pushing him off me slightly.

"Whatcha doin'?" Patsy asked.

"Uh.." I trailed off, clearing my throat. "Watching Tv." I told her.

She nodded.
"You wanna go horseback riding with Jemmy and I?" She asked.

I glanced to Alex.
"Do you?" I asked him.
He shrugged.

"Can you ride a horse?" Patsy asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"I dunno. Probably."
He said.

I tipped my head to the side.

"Can you really?" I asked, smirking lightly.

"..It's a horse, how hard can it be?" Alex said slowly.

I scoffed.
"Now I'm excited."
I hummed, standing up.

"Gimme ten minutes." I told Patsy.

She nodded and walked out of my room. Or..my old room I guess. I sighed, closing the door.

"That could've gone badly." I said, sitting back down and hesitating to put on my shoes.

"You think she knows?" Alex asked, putting his shoes on.

"No." I said.

"Do you think I should change pants?" I asked him.

"Uh..You're asking the wrong guy. I've been wearing the same pants for three days." He said.

"That's fucking disgusting." I told him. He shrugged.

"Are you sure she doesn't know?"
He asked again.

"I'm certain."