Chapter III

Beca got home after a long day at work and collapsed onto her bed, which actually wasn't a proper bed. It was a fold-out bed that she shared with her best friend Stacie while her other friend, Fat Amy had a proper double bed. The apartment was extremely small for three people. It was just one big room that had a kitchen, a table, a fold-out bed, a bath/shower and toilet that was next to the kitchen, and a clothing rack that separated Fat Amy's bed from Beca and Stacie's. It was small and inconvenient but it was home nonetheless.

After Beca graduated last year from Barden University, she and her friends all went their separate ways to live their lives. Beca, Stacie, and Fat Amy decided to go to New York to pursue their dreams. Beca initially wanted to go to LA to produce music but she couldn't just go straight to the top without experience so she found an available position as an intern at a music studio in New York and she took it. She started her internship next week after Chloe's photoshoot was over. There's no way she would be able to juggle both Chloe's photoshoot and her internship simultaneously.

Stacie was a nurse so her hours were all over the place. Sometimes she'd get home when Beca did, other times she'd get home when Beca was heading out to work. It was a hard and demanding job but that's what Stacie wanted to do with her life and she was enjoying it. Fat Amy, on the other hand, was unemployed as she tried to make her own musical act called 'Fat Amy Winehouse', which was a massive failure, but she didn't give up. Fat Amy was from Australia and obviously overweight, hence her name, but she didn't care. She loved who she was and that's all that mattered, even if her friends did call her a sponge.

Beca's resting on her bed didn't last long when Stacie walked through the door and fell on top of her.

"Stace," Beca grumbled.

"You're not the only one who's exhausted. What's for dinner?"

"Ask Amy."

"I did not bust my ass off all day to come home to two-minute noodles."

"You're preaching to the choir, sister. She's not even here anyway so we have to make it ourselves."

Stacie lifted herself up off her friend and rolled over. "How was your first day with the hot model?"

"Ah, yeah, it was good. I think,"

"You think?"

"Yeah,"

"What happened?"

"She gave me her number."

Stacie sat up and looked at Beca shocked. "She what?"

"She told me that I was cute and put her number in my phone."

"Oh my God!"

"She said to text her,"

"Have you?"

"I've just got home."

"Are you going to?"

"I don't know. I mean, she's hot but..."

"But what?"

"I don't even know her."

"Just go on the Internet and learn all about her." Stacie hopped off the bed and stepped over to the kitchen and started making some mac and cheese for her and Beca.

"Not like that. I don't know who she really is. I don't want to be another notch on her metaphorical belt. I may not know much about her but I do know that she's gone through quite the number of partner's in her time."

"Oh, yeah, she's had heaps of boyfriends."

"Is that why she's asked me out then? To have a change of pace?" Beca sat up and rubbed her eyes.