Chapter XVI

"Alright, flat butts, I'm out." Fat Amy announced as she was ready to leave for work.

Chloe had returned with the hot chocolate as requested and she and Beca were sitting opposite each other at the kitchen table.

"Okay, have a good day," Beca said.

"Bye, Amy!" Chloe smiled.

"Catch you later." The Australian left the apartment, leaving Beca and Chloe alone and that's when Beca decided to just bite the bullet and get it over with.

"Hey, can we talk?" Beca asked.

"That doesn't sound good." Chloe giggled faintly.

"No, it's... it's nothing bad. I just need to explain some stuff to you."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah... I, ah... I don't really know how to talk about this kinda stuff since I've never had to do it before but... I acted a little weird earlier when I asked you to go out and get some hot chocolate for me."

"Oh, yeah. I did notice but I thought you wanted to talk to Amy in private or something."

"The thing is, Chloe... I kind of have this problem with closeness."

"I hadn't noticed," the redhead chuckled.

"It's a bit more serious than that. I... I get nervous when it comes to certain things... intimate things... I get uncomfortable and I push people away. I don't mean to but I just get this... overwhelming sensation to have space so I do weird things to get that space and today you saw it."

Chloe paused. "So... you need space from me?"

"Not anymore, I... I sent you out to get hot chocolate because-"

"You needed space from me?"

Beca sighed then nodded, not being able to look at the model.

"Look, I know it sounds really bad but..."

"But what?"

"I don't know... I don't know why I feel that way."

"Okay, let's backtrack a bit. You said that you get nervous when it comes to certain things - intimate things."

"Yeah,"

"What do you mean by intimate things?"

Beca sighed.

"Sexual things."

"Anything in particular?"

"Mainly sex. The act of having sex. I don't mind making out or getting a bit frisky. I freaked out earlier because I realised how close we were to having it and... I didn't know what to do."

"Did you talk to Amy when I left?"

"Yeah, she said to talk to you... I've never spoken to anyone about this before and I'm probably not doing a very good job at it."

"No, you're doing well. Can I ask you something?"

"Ah... I guess."

"Are you nervous because you're a virgin?"

Beca widened her eyes in horror. "Dude, no!"

"Oh, so you have...?"

"Yeah, I have."

"Oh,"

"What?"

"Nothing, I thought you were a virgin that's why you got all nervous. I thought it was cute that you were about it give it up for me."