Chapter 1

Emoni's POV
"I bought you these." Malik said handing me a bouquet of red roses, a big ass bear and box of chocolate. It was valentines day and all my friends were getting gifts from their boyfriends while I just sat and watched. We were only in 7th grade so I wasn't really worried about having a boyfriend. Sometimes I did get a little lonely thoo. Malik's been my crush for a while now but of course I've never told him. I was always mean to him, isn't that what most girls do when they have a crush?

Malik stood about 5'9, brown skin, pretty teeth and had a Mohawk. He was skinny with little muscles. Malik was tall for a seventh grader and fine as hell. I had a thing for brown and dark skins. Light skins wasn't really my type. Like Jayden, he thought he was the shit and could get any girl he wanted but my bestie Karma had proved him wrong.

"Thank you." I said blushing and taking the bouquet of roses, the bear and the box of chocolate from him.

"I think we should kiss now." He suggested.

"Mama says boys have cooties and I'm not allowed to kiss them." I said upsettingly. I lowered my head to the floor and watched my feet swing as I sat in the cafeteria chair.

"It's ok. What your mama don't know won't hurt her right?" He asked with a smirk making me blush.

"Yea I guess." I said shrugging my shoulders. He grabbed my chin and pecked my lips.

"You're mine now." He whispered into my ear and put his arm on my shoulder pulling me Into him.

God why did he have to change? I thought to myself as a tear fell down my cheek. I was sitting in my seat on the plane. Kadience had gave me enough money to get a first class ticket. I love that girl, I still had to find a way to pay her back thoo.

I put my headphones in and laid my head back on the seat. My music was interrupted when I got a text from Malik. I sighed and rolled my eyes before opening his message.

Have a safe flight bae.

I read off my phone. I smirked at the message before replying.

Thanks.

"Ever been on a plane before?" I heard some girl ask me. I took my headphones out and wrapped them around my phone before sitting it in my lap.

"Uhmm no actually this is my first time." I said truthfully.

"Are you nervous?" She asked with a smirk sitting in the seat across from me. So this is my plane buddy? Looks like I won't be getting any sleep. I nodded my head.

"Mine too. My first time flying i mean. So where are you going?" She questioned. We had the same skin complexion, she had a set of pearly white teeth, pretty brown eyes and long silky black hair. She was just a stick, she looked like she weighed at least 100 pounds.

"New York."

"Ohh you too?" She asked smiling from ear to ear. "I'm going to tour Juilliard."

"Girl me too, what a coincidence."

"Roomies?"

"Yes sure why not?" I said with a fake smile thinking what the hell did I just get myself into.