Chapter 7

Malik's POV

With Moni being gone taking care of Lyric on my own just gets harder and harder each day. I don't see how single moms do it this shit stressful as hell. I didn't know taking care of a child could be this damn hard. Waking up in the middle of the night to a crying Lyric. This shit stressful I ain't even gone lie, I need Moni. If she won't stay for me hopefully she will stay for Lyric.

Lyric and I was in the living room watching Spongebob. I don't know why she loved his lil gay ass but Every time the show came on she grab my hand and drugged me in the living room. I wasn't allowed to say shit while Spongebob was on I had to wait til commercial break. If I did say anything or do anything she would slap me and say "hush daddy." And put her finger over her mouth.

I sighed and rubbed my hands over my face. I was reading me and Moni's text messages when the doorbell rung. "Baby girl I'll be right back." I said getting up off the couch and heading over to the door. I looked through the peek hole and saw Kandi. "What Kandi?" I asked annoyed opening the front door.

"I want my daughter Malik." She said pushing me out the way. She walked into the living room and snatched Lyric up off the couch.

"Put her down!" I yelled.

"No! How you gone come up in my house and take my fucking child?!" She yelled, holding Lyric on her side.

"Daddy!" Lyric cried out reaching for me. She was scared and I could see it in her eyes.

"You don't even want her. She was gone for a week before you decided to pick up the phone and call me and now you telling me you want her back? Fuck outta here with that bullshit." I snatched Lyric out her arms and started to walk up the stairs.

"Malik give me my daughter! Give her to me!" Kandi yelled following me up the stairs punching me in my back.

"Bruhh chill the fuck out with all that shit Kandi." I was tired of her hitting me. She already came in my shit demanding shit, disrespecting me in front of me daughter now she putting her hands on a nigga. I'm not the type of nigga to hit females but she was pushing it.

"Don't take her from me!" She yelled once more punching me in my back again. I laid Lyric down in her bed, gave her her bear and closed the door shut leaving me and Kandi standing in the hallway.

I pulled up my saggy jeans and licked my lips. "You don't even want her." I said calmly looking her deep in her eyes.

"Malik I want my daughter. Don't take her from me please." She whispered, Her eyes was full of tears and her voice was just breaking.

"For what?! So you can run the damn streets and let that no good ass nigga look after her?! He don't give a damn about you or Her!" Before I could get the rest of my words out, she had slapped me across my face leaving my lip busted and and big ass bruise on my cheek.

I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. "Put me down!" She yelled kicking and screaming the whole way down the steps. Once I reached the front door I opened it and threw her ass on the front porch.

"Don't bring your ass round here no more Kandi." I said in a voice that she was scared of. The look in her eyes told me I didn't have to worry bout seeing her face ever again.

Jayden's POV

When I got back in the car Katia was dead silent. Her head laid on the glass window and dried up tears were on her face. I felt bad for her, I felt bad for Jason and his hoe even more but he deserved it. I didn't know if I should talk to Tia or not. She looks like she had, had enough in one day.

The whole 30 minute drive was silent. When I pulled up to her house she told me thank you and got out the car. Damn. I knew she was hurt more then ever.

***

"Hey bae." I said kneeling down giving Kadience a kiss on her lips then kissing Kaden on his forehead.

"Hey bae."

"Daddddyyy!" Kaden yelled tackling me with a hug.

"Somebody feeling better I see." I said looking down at Kaden.

"Nana gave me some nasty medicine and I not sick anymore." He said full of excitement.

"Did you tell her thank you?"

"Uh .. I forgot." He lowered his head down to the floor.

"It's ok just make sure you tell her tomorrow." I kissed his forehead and put him back down on the floor.

"Bae. Today was crazy." I crawled in the bed with Kadience and kissed her on her lips. She giggled and said

"Did you forget I'm sick?"

"Yea I did but I don't care we just gone be sick together." I filled the rest of her face with kisses.

"Ewww. Mommy said you get cooties from kissing." Kaden said making me and Kadience burst out in laughter. I grabbed him and kissed him all over his face as he giggled, kicked and screamed for me to let him go.

"Where you going?" I asked him as he jumped off the bed and headed toward the door.

"To call nana. I need more of that pink stuff I got cooties." He said before running out the room.

I laughed along with Kadience as I rubbed her belly. "Are you excited?" She asked as she held her hand over mine.

"I'm happy as hell. I always wanted to have a child with you from day one." I said truthfully. She blushed and kissed my cheek.

"I am too just a little scared."

"How come?" I asked

"I'm just scared I won't be a good mom." Her eyes started to get glossy.

"You will be perfect. The way you treat and take care of Kaden is the perfect example. Even when you babysit Lyric. You are a good mother already, you got this bae... We got this." I said kissing her one last time.

Katia's POV

I've been laying in bed curled up looking at the wall since Jayden dropped me off. How could he do that? And to think I was really falling for him. I guess a nigga gone be a nigga and you can't stop them from doing what niggas do. I really need to get my shit together, stop crying and pull it together. I don't need a man In my life, I was doing just fine without one before and I can do even better now. Fuck niggas.