Chapter 30 (Part 2)

Emoni's POV

After everything settle down and went back to normal Malik and I decided to move to New York. We have a beautiful 3 bedroom condo. It isn't to far from school. Lyric has her own room of course. She's so in love with frozen, Malik and I decided to paint her room blue and paint her favorite characters. Elsa, Anna and Olaf. There's not a day that I get home from school she's not saying "Ma watch frozen!" She always comes running around the corner holding the DVD in her little Hands with her hair flying everywhere. Lyric has to much damn hair, she gets it from her dad. I'm trying to get her to call me Moni but she insists on calling me ma or mommy. I don't want her to get confused as to who her mother is, hell Kandi isn't in her life anyway.

"Ma!" Lyric yelled as she ran around the corner with the Frozen dvd in her hand.

"Hey baby!" I said as I hugged her tightly and drowned her with kisses. I sat my bags down on the island in the kitchen and walked to Malik and I's room. He was sprawled out on the bed, laying on his stomach knocked out.

"How long has daddy been sleep?" I asked Lyric as I kicked my shoes off by the door.

"Uhmm..." She started to count on her fingers. I laughed at her as I took my shoes and put them in the closet with the rest of them.

"Has daddy been sleep a long time?" I asked her once I seen the clueless look on her face.

"Yes." She said nodding her head.

I hate it when he does that. Malik thinks it's ok for him to just go to sleep And leave Lyric up by herself. I understand that he's tired from work and all but he has to understand that she's only a baby and anything can happen at any given time. God forbids it does but still.

"Frozen mama." Lyric said grabbing my hand leading me into the living room. I put in the DVDs and sat on the sofa beside her. This girl has been on this movie since she was one. She's two now and is still in love with it. Lyric's facial expression always have me dying laughing whenever we watch this movie. Especially when princess Anna's body freezes. Once the movie was over we were both knocked out sleep on the couch. I was laying down sprawled out on the sofa and she was laying on my stomach sound asleep.

I woke up when I felt some soft lips meet mine. "Where you going babe?" I asked Malik not even opening my eyes to look at him.

"To the grocery store to get some stuff for dinner." He stuttered.

Lying ass

"Where you going babe?" I asked once again this time looking him in his eyes.

"I'm going back to work." He confessed.

I rolled my eyes at the sound of work. "Can't wait to hear all about it." I said sarcastically as I laid lyric down on the couch and went to the restroom to go handle my business.

"Babe don't be like that." Malik stressed following me to the bathroom.

"What the fuck ever. You really piss me off. You have no reason to lie to me Malik." I stressed as I sat down on the toilet and started to pee as I gave him a piece of my mind. "We never ever spend time as a family anymore. Due to me going to school and you working 24 damn hours a day I never get to spend with you anymore neither does Lyric and it's not fair." I said crossing my arms across my chest.

"I know babe I know, I promise to spend time with both of Yall this weekend."

"Foreal?" I asked smiling like a big dummy.

"Yea. I'm off this weekend and I made plans for us." He said leaning down kissing me.

"Aweee bae!" I replied in my high voice grabbing his face between my hands kissing him all over. I didn't miss one spot.