Chapter 17

Jazmine's POV

I smiled as the nurse placed J'Kolby in my arms. His full name is Jalin J'Kolby Johnson. I kissed his little feet and held my finger in his hands. He wasn't crying or anything, his eyes just wondered around the room. "Hi, I'm your mommy." I said softly as I kissed his ear. One thing I've learned about newborns is to not kiss them in their face. You're not suppose to kiss them at all but I can't help it, he's so adorable. "Listen, me and your dad aren't perfect but we're going to try to be the best parents we can be ok." He smiled at me and held on to my finger. "Look at your eyes. You got those from me." I said chuckling.

"You are so conceited." Jalin said stretching in his chair. "Goodmorning." He walked over to me and kissed my cheek. "Wassup lil man." He said before going Into the bathroom.

I finally had something I could call mine. I can tell now he's going to be a mama'a boy. I pray that I'm a good mom, I'm not perfect but I'll try my hardest.

"He's so adorable." The nurse said laying the clipboard on the bed. "I have to get your vitals." She said grabbing the cuff to check my blood pressure. "What's his name?" She asked looking down at J'Kolby smiling.

"Jalin J'Kolby Johnson." I answered.

"Cute. I need your full name and your husbands name."

"Babe imma run to the house real quick I'll be back." Jalin said coming out the bathroom. He bent down to kiss me then kissed J'Kolby's hand. I had already stressed to him that he wasn't allowed to kiss J'Kolby when he got here. We had a big argument about that but he knew I wasn't playing.

"His name Is Jalin... J-A-L-I-N Tyrone Johnson and my name is Jazmine-"

"Hold on just a minute. Sorry I'm a little slow this morning. My shift is almost over."

I chuckled as she continued to write on the piece of paper that was attached to the clipboard. "Ok middle and last name please."

"Lashae Barnett." I replied looking down at my son. "Ohh and Jazmine with a Z not an S." He was fighting his sleep. He's so nosey, he wants to look at everything. I could feel the nurse eyeing me, I looked up at here to see her staring at me. "Is their something wrong?" I asked. She was making me uncomfortable.

"No I just.. No there's nothing wrong."

She finished writing on the clipboard then left my room. That was weird. I thought to myself as I rocked J'Kolby asleep.

Katia's POV

I woke up to someone roughly shaking me awake. I opened my eyes to see a fireman kneeling down In front of me. I checked the time on my phone and it read 10:02 A.M. Are you meaning to tell me we've been stuck in this damn elevator for 7 hours? I'm reporting they asses. The fireman helped me to my feet like I was handicap. Malik was already standing in the lobby still holding Lyric. I stretched my arms and legs as I walked over to where he was standing. "Morning." He said chuckling.

"Morning. I swear I'm never getting in another elevator again." I said as I followed him up the flight of stairs.

"Hell yea. We was stuck in there for what? 7 hours?" He asked as held the door open for me. I nodded my head in agreement. I walked down the long halfway with Malik and Lyric to Jazmine's room. I knocked on the door twice before entering.

"Goodmorning mommy." I said full of excitement walking over to Jazmine and kissing her forehead. "Awee look at my nephew. Wake him up I want to hold him." I joked. J'Kolby is so adorable he looks just like Jazmine. Spitting image of her.

"Congratulations ma." Malik said plopping down in a near by chair.

"Thanks. How was the elevator ride?"