Chapter 16

We were sitting around a small round table in the Gryffindor common room poring over ideas to prank the Slytherins. Crumpled up pages of parchment surrounded us, and I was leaning on my arm as no new ideas were coming to me.

"What about pink color bombs?" Suggested Oscar, the only one of us who didn't look like they were about to pass out.

"We did that in third year," I stated, adjusting my arm to a more comfortable position. My eyelids started to droop, so I sat up. It had been such a long day. With all of the Professors handing out homework left and right, there was barely any time that we weren't pouring over our textbooks studying for our OWLs.

"What about another bogart?" Oscar suggested, pulling me from my thoughts.

"First year," I replied, not even bothering to say anything else.

"Do either of you have any other ideas?" Oscar said, sitting back in his chair with a defeated look on his face. I shook my head and put my arms on the table resting my head on them. As my eyelids started to close and the world became distorted, an idea popped into my head. I bolted to my feet, knocking the table so that it rocked.

"What if we bewitched the Slytherin and Ravenclaw uniforms so that when they got to the great hall they switched ties and crests?" I said, rushing over my words. Both redheads stood up as well, this time actually knocking the table over, spilling all of the papers on the ground and none of us moved to pick anything up.

"I love it!" Oliver exclaimed. "I could kiss you right now!" As his words settled in, my cheeks burst into fire, the heat creeping from my cheeks to the tips of my ears. "I mean-" Oliver stuttered out, blushing even more than me.

"Let's keep the PDA to a minimum all right?" Oscar said with a wink directed at me. If possible, I think that I blushed more.

"So, are we doing it today, tomorrow, after the break?" I said, trying to change the subject.

"Defiantly before the break, so might as well do it tonight," Oscar said with his eyebrows knitted together as they always did when he was thinking hard.

"Works for me," I said, shrugging my shoulders. "I can get into the Slytherin Common room if you two want to do the Ravenclaws.

"How are you going to get in?" Oliver questioned. I grinned at him.

"I have resources."

"Works for me," Oscar said shrugging.

"What are we waiting for?" I asked, my eyes glittering with excitement.

"Ready, set, go!" Oliver shouted, startling some of the other fifth years studying in the common room. I threw an apologetic look over my shoulder as I sprinted from the common room with one goal in mind.