Chapter 34

Everything slid into place, the 'murder', the dreams, and the sudden appearance of Odessa. There was obvious tension in the room as everyone took in the news.

"Mr. Milbourne, feel free to enter," McGonagall stated from her spot next to the books, making me jump. The door opened to behold a frazzled looking Slytherin prefect. I faintly recall his name being Maximus, but I am not completely sure. The boy wasn't bad looking, in fact, he was quite handsome. He had scruffy bronze hair and eyes the color of freshly mown grass behind thin, round glasses. He gave a bashful close-lipped smile at all of us, his eyes lingering a little longer on Antoinette. "What is it, Mr. Milbourne?"

"Professor, I heard that Antoinette has returned and wanted to make sure she was alright, as her Prefect." He said puffing his chest out the slightest.

"She is quite alright as you can see, you are dismissed," McGonagall stated without turning around.

"Professor, I couldn't help but overhear your discussion about the 'Marauders'." At this statement, McGonagall whipped her head around, making me positive that she got whiplash.

"What do you know of them?" She inquired, her thin eyebrows forming an accusative glare. Milbourne nervously gulped at her reaction.

"Well, Professor," He stammered. "I overheard my Mother and Father discussing them over the Holiday."

"What did they say about them?" Odessa inquired, moving to sit on McGonagall's desk, so instead of sitting with her back to Milbourne, she was facing him. He visibly paled at the frosty girl's attention.

"They said that we either had to fight them or join them and that one is much safer than the other."

"No, I meant who do they think they are?" Odessa said, rolling her eyes in irritation.

"I don't know, I didn't hear much since they didn't want me listening, but they did have some friends over later that day."

"Do you have names?" McGonagall asked hungrily.

"A few, Rosemary and Augustus Baxley, Halynn and Nicholas Beaumont, and Tristan Griggs." McGonagall frowned in concentration.

"I have never heard of a Tristan Griggs." She said forcefully, her usually patient persona, long gone.

"I have," Antoinette piped up from her chair. "He is my Uncle, though Mother and Father said that he died before I was born." She said, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"No, he is very much alive, I am pretty sure that I have seen him, tall with dark skin and icy blue eyes that stare into your soul?" Odessa asked him.

"Yeah, that's him."

"I don't think I ever saw him at any of the meetings though. He constantly frequented HQ though."

"What if he is Erawan?" I asked. "It would explain why no one ever saw him, I mean Erawan was never seen without his red hood correct?" I said, directing that question to Odessa.

"That is possible, but we would need more evidence against him than that," McGonagall said, coming back over to her chair. Would he really be able to keep his identity a secret for that long? I mean, it's possible but how could a man that was presumed dead, be still alive? There is no magic that can raise the dead. Unless, he, like Voldemort, had retained part of his soul, but that would require horcorxes, and is he really that heartless? I rubbed my temples, feeling the strain of today. "Miss. Malfoy, thank you for your attendance, but I see no further reason for you to stay, have a nice day." Feeling hurt, I make my way to the door, pausing when I hear her voice again. "Mr. Milbourne you too." The door opens for us on its own and shuts as soon as both feet are out of the doorway, nipping my ankle.

"Damn." I curse quietly. We walk in silence for a bit, contemplating everything that just happened.

"My name is Max, I mean my full name is Maximus, but no one other than my parents calls me that." He stammers out. "Sorry, I have a tough time talking to pretty girls." I smile a little at his compliment.

"Thank you, my name's Ariana, but all of my friends call me Ari." I say with a grin. It was nice being able to be a normal teenager once in a while.

"I know who you are, you are famous in the Slytherin's. The first Malfoy to ever be sorted into Gryffindor." My cheeks heated up at the recognition. "Some look up to you, some see you as a disgrace."

"And you?" I ask quietly.

"Me? I wanted to wait until I met you to decide. Have a lovely day Miss. Malfoy." He said walking away. It took me second to realize that we had already arrived at the portrait. I gaze at his retreating form, wondering what else life had in store for me.

A/N; Guys I am soo sorry that I haven't updated in forever!! For whatever reason Wattpad would not allow me to log in on my Lap top.:( As always though please do not forget to vote and comment to support its success. And also, 1.6 THOUSAND READS!!!! Thank you all sooo much!! It means to world to me!:)

XOXO,

Mackenzie