Chapter 31

Since most students were still at home with their families Hogwarts was much quieter than it usually was. Not that the twins and I let it stay that way. With the news of my arranged marriage weighing heavily on my mind, pranking people had become an escape, letting me believe that when the twins and I were running from Filtch I was just a normal teenager, my worries only extending to my exams and what I was going to have for dinner.

"Ari, are you coming?" Oliver asked from behind the deep red chair I was sitting on, tearing me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, let me just finish this chapter." I drew my eyes back to the book I was reading. It is a muggle story called "The Lord of The Rings." I had read the "Hobbit" before and even saw the movie at Hermione's house and was greatly unimpressed with it. I mean, how in the world did he get three movies from a 310 paged book? At first, the concept of a talking a moving picture didn't seem that foreign to me, but then when I watched my first one – "Avengers" – I was extremely confused why they wouldn't talk back to me.

"Come on Ari!" Oscar whined slumping over the arm of the chair. I just rolled my eyes. "My stomach is starting to eat itself!" He completed his dramatic act by gripping his stomach and rolling on the ground. I replaced my bookmark with a chuckle. I placed the book in my bag and slung it over my shoulder.

"Are you coming too baby Ossie or are you in too much pain?" Instantly he jumped to his feet, earning an eye roll from Ollie. We ran down to the Great Hall, taking the stairs three at a time, racing to beat the others. I had just pulled in front of them since Ollie tripped Ossie and accidentally tripped himself as well. Laughing maniacally, I ran past a closet but stopped when I say it shaking. I would have kept running, passing it off as Peeves if not for the muffled yelling that I heard. Ollie and Ossie ran past, trying to sabotage the other when they saw me standing there. Instantly, they silenced themselves, coming up to stand behind me, Ossie putting his hand on my shoulder.

"What is it?" Oliver asked, pulling his wand out of his robes. I started to slowly creep up to the closet, my wand out in front of me.

"I'm not sure, but one moment ago it was shaking and I could have sworn someone was yelling." My eyebrows knitted together in confusion. One moment it was shaking, the next it was undisturbed with a thick layer of dust on the top. I wrap my hand around the handle, attempting to turn it, but it was locked. "Alohamora." I whispered, a click sounding. I turned the handle in anticipation and opened it, expecting to see something, but there was absolutely desolate. How? I reached my hand inside feeling around the dark space but never felt anything other than the rough wood. Maybe it was Peeves but then where did the muffled yelling come from? Sighing I say, "Nothing."

"I have a bad feeling about this, maybe we should tell McGonagall?" Oscar suggested replacing his wand in his back pocket. I shake my head.

"She probably wouldn't care. I mean, it was probably just Peeves messing around. Let's go get dinner." I rubbed my temples hoping in vain that it would take away the headache that this week had caused. Finding Antoinette's body than traveling to Hogwarts and having to submit to McGonagall's questioning takes a toll on a person. I watch as the twins exchange similar glances of worry, but I pay no attention to them, making my way back up to the Gryffindor dorms, just wanting to fall asleep and have all of my problems leave me.

A/N Hey loves!! I am soo sorry that I didn't update last week so I will be updating one more time this week! Please don't forget to vote!:)

XOXO,

Mackenzie