Chapter 32

(Unknown POV)

"What do you mean she escaped?" The man clad in red barked at me.

"She untied the restraints and escaped, my Lord," I said, cowering away from his steely gaze. This was my first year with them and I was already assigned a job and to fail it, I shuddered at the thought of what they will do.

"This is not acceptable. Crucio." It felt like screaming hot coals were being placed inside and outside of me, my arms and legs being pulled in all different directions and my throat was raw from the screaming that escaped my mouth. And as suddenly as it came, it disappeared, leaving my body feeling numb, and almost feeling like I was floating. I sank to my knees and bowed.

"I am sorry my Lord, it will not happen again."

"I know it won't." My Lord said, his cruel mouth turning up into a malicious grin. "You are dismissed." I stood up and bowed again, my muscles barking in agony. I moved out of the dark room, turning my head to stretch it out. How was I going to fix this? That girl was hard enough to catch the first time and then she was unaware, now she will be on her guard nonstop. It won't be as easy to get her out of Hogwarts since she will have undoubtedly told the Headmistress, getting her protection. I rub my hand over my face, continuing to walk around the corridors to the exit, hoping beyond all doubt that I will not run into any of the Lord's cronies.

 When the door is in sight, I quicken my pace to the fresh air, suddenly feeling suffocated in the dark corridors. I shove open the door, gasping for air. I sit down on the rundown steps and place my head in my hands, trying to think of a way to get out of this. That girl was once my closest friend before I became the best in all of my classes and was sent to Durmstrang by my parents to learn darker magic before I was recruited by Lord Erawan. I send up a silent prayer that Antoinette will figure out a way to survive. I stand up knowing what I have to do. I take a deep breath and reenter the horrid house, going straight to the fireplace, grab a handful of Floo powder and whisper, "Hogwarts."