Chapter 28

I sunk to my knees, letting out a sob. How? Why? She was infuriating yes, but she didn't deserve to die. I raised my eyes to look at her mangled body and another sob escaped my mouth, was it something I did? Why her? I felt warm arms around my body and raised my tear stained face to see both Oscar and Oliver with their arms around me. I rested my head on one of their shoulders and cried. I don't know why I am crying, I was never friends with her.

"Ariana, let's go." I heard Harry say from behind me. I nodded and stood, grabbing the closest arm to me which happened to belong to Ron. A loud 'crack" sounded and the uncomfortable feeling of apparition consumed us. I shut my eyes and gripped Ron's arm, positive that my knuckles were white. As soon as it had come, it ended. We touched down on the solid ground outside the burrow and I ran into the rickety old house and dashed up the stairs, fighting back more tears. At this point, the tears aren't from her death but from me wondering why. I get to the attic and crawl onto my bed, wishing that I could have a chance to redo this day. I grab one of the pillows and wrap my arms and legs around it, squeezing it and crying.

I am ready to go back to school. I am so over life right now. I am so over being told what to do and having my life be turned upside down. I finally stop crying and then unravel myself from the pillow. I weigh my options of staying up here in solitude or going downstairs to find some people and decide to head downstairs. I am not sure why, but I tiptoe down the creaky wooden steps and pass a room with the door cracked open. I lean into where I hear Harry and Mrs. Weasley arguing.

"She needs to go back to Hogwarts!" Mrs. Weasley says in a hushed tone.

"She needs to stay here where she has friends!" Harry argues in the same tone. I lean in a little farther to try and hear better when I trip on a small nail sticking out of the wood, causing me to gasp. Immediately the conversation stops. I stand, paralyzed for a few seconds that feel more like hours. I am not sure exactly why I am scared when I know that neither of them would ever hurt me. They start to talk again, this time much quieter. I shakily head back upstairs to grab my trunk when Oscar and Oliver step out of a room in front of me.

"Where are you going?" Oscar asks, both of them crossing their arms simultaneously. I just push past them, a lump in my throat. If Mrs. Weasley doesn't want me here then I don't want to bother her. She is such a nice woman, I don't want to become a burden.

"You're leaving aren't you?" Oliver says more of a statement than a question. I fight the urge to turn around, too many tears have been shed recently. A large warm hand envelops my own and I pause.

"Where?" Oscar asks, and I see that the hand belongs to him.

"Hogwarts," I say, clenching my fists. Why are they making it so hard?

"How?" Oliver asks and I turn around, looking in their eyes.

"Floo powder," I say, resuming my trek up to the attic.

"We're coming with you."

I pause, "I don't have a choice do I?"

"Nope." They say simultaneously. I turn around and they both have matching smirks on their faces.

"Let me get my stuff," I say sighing.