11

Day 5

51 days to go

"Hey, Gwen. After yesterday I was wondering if I could get off with a small break?" He asked. Gwen shrugged. 

"You know, Max has been getting to you a lot lately. You should take a break. I'll cover underwater basket weaving tomorrow. Take the campmobile and get outta Dodge for a day." She said. "Reset! Like I said, I'll cover tomorrow. You stay there and enjoy a nice and quiet sleep." 

David smiled, "Thank you, Gwen... I'll be back tomorrow." 

"You're taking Samuel with you, aren't you?" Gwen asked. David eyeballed Gwen, 

"How'd you know?" He asked. Gwen pointed to me peeking through the window, 

"I already see her waiting to ask if you got a yes or no." She chuckled. David looked at me and waved, I responded with a tiny one. Gwen then stood and handed David a piece of candy, who he, replied with wide eyes before quickly handing it back, shaking his head no. 

//

"C'mon, Samuel!" He smiled, opening the door for me. 

"Why, thank you~." I teased before sitting in the passenger seat. 

He soon started up the car and we started our road to town. 

"So what do you wanna do in town?" I asked. David shrugged, 

"I just thought of touring you around. You don't seem to be familiar with these parts." David answered.

"Well, I've been here and there." I chuckled. I then pulled the handle on the seat and my back went down, "oof." I mumbled from the impact. He laughed, 

"Yea, I think that one might be a bit broken." He chuckled. I kicked my feet up on the dashboard and let myself relax. 

He then put on the radio,

"What kind of music do you listen to?" I asked. 

"Uh, camp songs?" He chuckled. 

"I meant, what do you play on the radio?" I asked. 

~"Welcome to the audio audition of the Farmers Almanac for the year of our Lord, 1972 being in a being in a bissextile or leap year. Includes a weather forecast for all regions of the USA as well as planning cables, and Zodiac secrets, for every month.~

"Hoho, this one's gonna be good!" He smiled. I pulled the handle again, propelling my seat up. Oh no, I AM NOT sitting through this.

"Can I choose the station~? Please, ~?" I asked, giving puppy eyes. David looked at me and locked eyes before he sighed, 

"Fine." He smiled. I leaned over and gently kissed his cheek,

"Thank you!" I smiled, flipping through channels but the only one to come on was pop. But I guess pop is better than nothing. "I'm a Barbie girl! In a Barbie world~!" I yelled, dancing in my seat. David would glance at me occasionally, chuckling to himself at my energy. 

"Hey! Hey! You! You!", I pointed to David, pretending to sing in a microphone, "I Don't like your girlfriend! No way! No way! I think you need a new one! Hey! Hey! You! You! I want to be your girlfriend!" I giggled, rubbing shoulders with David at the last part. His cheeks flushed a dark red, which I myself found entirely adorable. 

/

He stopped the car and I crawled out, stretching my legs as I was on the ground again. 

"Where are we, Davey?" I asked.