28

"What?! You can't quit!" The man yelled. 

"Ms.(L/N)? Quitting?!" A girl screamed. I let out a breath, 

"I quit. I'm staying at this camp, and tell my father..." I closed my eyes, thinking of all the times he ignored me, all the times he turned a cold shoulder, all the times I needed him and he never bothered to help... only helped me lose my close ones. "Tell my father he can suck a dick." I felt my cheeks heat up in anger, "Tell him to back the fuck off, to stay away from this camp and that he no longer has a daughter! And I want you to ask him something-!"

"Y-Yes?"

"Ask him if he's proud," I replied before angrily hanging up. I slammed my phone onto my desk, my breath starting to pick up rapidly. 

I let my anger get the best of me

to the point that I panicked

What is my father going to do when he receives the message?!

I took a deep breath, feeling tears prick my eyes. 

Did I really just say all that?

How is he going to react when he learns that I hate this job?

that I've always put up a smile about my career?

tears began to pour, 

A never-ending trail seeping down my cheeks, I sobbed into my hand, feeling my knees go weak. I was ready to fall to the ground, my head becoming dizzy before two arms wrapped themselves around me. I instantly reacted by falling into those arms, recognizing the smell as David's. He didn't say anything, just let me sob against his vest and grip onto his shirt. 

"I-I didn't mean to wake you," I said, looking up to look at David, only to get bits of his face from the lack of light in the cabin. 

"I wasn't asleep." He replied, cupping my cheek to gently wipe a tear away. 

"So you just pretended?!" I yelled, shoving his arm away. David's didn't move, keeping his eyes on me. I looked down the ground, realizing that I'm taking my anger out on David. I wrapped my arms around his torso, my way of saying sorry in hope that I don't take more anger out on him. "You just pretended," I mumbled. 

"I suspected you were just going to the use the restroom until you sat for close to 5 minutes still. I was close to asking you what was wrong, until your phone rung." He explained. I let a few more tears fall, 

"How will my father react?" I asked. "To what I said..." I whispered. David gently rubbed my back, pressing his cheek on the top of my head, 

"I think he will be upset." He answered. David's response caused more tears to fall, "But... No father could ever hate their daughter, and no father could ever go a day without feeling proud of their child." David finished. I rubbed my cheek into his shirt, 

"I love you." I simply responded. David kissed the top of my head, 

"I love you too... And so does your father." 

I stayed silent, keeping my face nudged against his chest. "How about you come back to bed?" He suggested, "You need the rest." 

I nodded, walking back over to the bed. I laid down, David soon joining beside me. 

"Whats the relationship between you and your parents?" I asked. David chuckled lightly, starting to rub his thumb against my back. 

"I don't actually know. It's weird." He answered. 

"Weird?" 

"Yea." He simply answered, seeming to want to end the conversation. 

"So... What are we doing tomorrow?" I asked.