20

David was silent, gently rubbing my back as I sobbed into his shirt.

"I've hurt so many people... I don't want to hurt you next." I whispered. "I'd love to quit my job and be with you, David... But I don't want to lose my relationship with my father." I sniffled, looking up to lock eyes with David. "I'm... Sorry for ignoring you this past week, I just... I was afraid of falling for you more and eventually choosing you over my job-" 

"(Y/N)." David said, gaining my attention. A shiver went down my spine at him saying my real name. "Who do you chose. Me? ... Or your father?" He asked. I leaned in and gently pressed my lips against his, 

"... You, David." I answered. David let out a breath of relief, laughing afterward before scooping me up into his arms. I giggled at the happy action, wiping my tears away. 

//

David pulled the blanket over both of us, letting me use his arm as a pillow. 

"I'll quit my job tomorrow," I whispered. David gently kissed the top of my head. 

"Okay." He smiled. I gently messed with his shirt, my mind going to different things before I laughed under my breath, "what are you laughing at?" He asked. 

"I really didn't think you had it in you..." 

"What-?"

"That kiss, David. That was pretty aggressive." I chuckled. David's cheeks flushed to a dark pink. 

"I-I just got a bit carried a-away." He explained nervously. I chuckled before leaning up and planting a small kiss on his neck, 

"It's okay." I smiled before closing my eyes, letting myself drift to sleep. 

///

The next morning I found David already up and ready for the day. I sat up and turned to him, giving a small smile. 

"Good~ Morning, (Y/N)!" David smiled, pulling on one of his boots. I slid off the bed, standing up with a bounce, 

"Good morning!" I replied, giving him the camp Campbell salute. "So what's the game plan today, chief?" I asked. 

"Uhhh, it's actually a Saturday! So we'll just do whatever." David laughed. I brushed out my hair and did daily morning things before going through my clothes for something to change into. I pulled out David's red shirt and a pair of Gwen's shorts before changing. 

"Wanna go get breakfast?" I asked. David smiled, 

"Of course!" He grinned before leaving the cabin. I followed behind him into the mess hall where I got an apple and David fixed himself a bowl of cereal. 

"So~ what do you wanna do?" He asked. I thought for a moment, 

"We can go exploring, go hiking, go into town again." I listed. "But I mean, someone also has to watch the kids." 

"We can bring the kids with us?" He suggested. I shrugged, 

"I guess that's an option." I chuckled. 

"Oh no, Max! That'll piss David off!" Niel yelled. 

"That's the point, Niel!" Max yelled back. I stood and walked over to the Trio, David following close behind. 

"Guys~ What are you talking about~?" I questioned. Max slapped Niel, 

"Look what you did!" He scowled.

"Ooo! I wanna hit Niel too!" Nikki yelled. I placed my hands on my hips, 

"How about you kids come into town with me and David," I suggested. The three looked to each other,