27

David ran his fingers through my soapy hair, scratching at my scalp and rubbing my hair together with his hands. I swiped my hand through the bathtub's bubbles as David continued to wash my locks behind me. 

It was relaxing, just us two. A bit awkward, us only dating for what? Three days? And we're both sitting naked in a bubble filled bathtub, David behind me and I sat between his legs with my back facing him. He drowned the cup in the tub before raising it over my hair and pouring without warning. Water splashed on my face, making me blow out to refrain from tasting any bath soap. 

"A heads up would've been nice" I chucked, running my hand along my hair. I turned my upper body around to face him before leaning over to gently press my lips against his. 

"Are you ready to get out?" He asked. I nodded before standing, attempting to brush off any soap that lingered on my skin. 

Davids' eyes trailed my frame before he looked away, a small blush present on his features. I then grabbed my clothes and changed, fixing my hair to what I can do when it's wet. David pulled on his signature outfit, walking out of the counselor bathroom before gently grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers. 

Some would think of our silence as awkward, but really, I liked our absent conversation, just having him beside me gave my heart joy. 

"Hey, David!" Max yelled, walking over to us. 

"Yes, Max?" David questioned. Max opened his mouth to say something but paused, 

"Why are you guys wet and smell like a field of flowers?" 

I and David glanced at each other, not sure how to respond,

"We went to the Lake." I smiled

"And then explored the forest." 

"Where we fell into a batch of flowers."

"And we came back to clean up!" 

Max's eyes narrowed at our improved explanation before pulling out a calculator from his pocket,

"David, this is a present for you," Max said before leaning up against the wall of the mess hall. I glanced over David's shoulder raising a brow at the machine. 

"What is this?" I asked. 

"My name is, Niel. What is yours?" The calculator asked. I narrowed my eyes, 

"A chat box?" I asked. 

////

"Okay, Gwen. I'm gonna go check on the others, are you coming with me?" 

"I'll pass, Samuel. I'm going to relax today." She answered, pulling out a journal from her desk. 

"If you say so!" I smiled before leaving the counselor cabin. I walked to Max, him sitting in a chair as he stared at David. 

"Max, what are you doing?" I asked. 

"Look at him! I mean, It's hypnotizing. Just listening to the back and forth." He smiled, motioning toward David. My eyes darted to my boyfriend.

"Aw, thank you. That is so sweet." David smiled, typing into the calculator. 

"Do you like sweets?" Asked the chat app, Neil. 

"How did you know? I'm a sucker for trail mix." David responded. I made that a mental note.

"There are many trails to hike in the Sleepy Peak Region. Would you like to... Hike?" Chat Niel asked. 

"Id love to! When would you like to go?"

"When would you like to go?" 

"Uh uh, I asked you first." David smiled. I gently grabbed David's arm, causing him to turn to me, 

"Hey, (Y/NN)!" David smiled. 

"Um, what are you doing there?" I asked, indicating to the chat box. Davids smile grew bigger, 

"I'm just talking to Neil." 

"Are you sure that's Neil you're talking to?" I asked. 

"Of course!" 

Niel then ran over, 

"Everyone hand over your devices!" He yelled before snatching multiple of the calculators from peoples hands. David gasped at the lost contact in his hand before turning to me and then smiling. 

"Oh well, Chatbots are just boring." He laughed, brushing it off. 

//

I fell to the bed, sighing. 

"Man, today was boring," I complained. David pushed a smile,

"What are you talking about?! Today was an amazing day just like every other!" He grinned. I chuckled lightly, rolling onto my back. 

"You think tomorrow will be just as fun?" I asked. David grinned, 

"We'll make the best of today the worst of tomorrow!" He smiled before pulling off his vest and shoes then laying down. I chuckled, curling up to him, closing my eyes. 

///

Day 20

36 days to go

I fiddled my thumbs, sitting on the edge of the bed next to a sleeping David. I flicked my nails, biting my lip as my mind raced. My eyes trailed over to David, he snored in reply, moving slightly. I chuckled, examining his sleepy features. It was nice to see David with a calm expression, not stressed from campers or just angry in general.

I know he always puts on a smile, but you can always catch that small hint of sadness behind the mask... The leaves then rustled outside the window, shaking their shadows over David's figure. A nice night breeze flew through the window, one that helped me breathe, making me wish that I could never go back to the city.

My phone buzzed, causing me to quickly answer it for fear of it waking up David. 

"Ms. (L/N)?" A deep voice asked. My breath caught in my throat as I stood from the bed to answer. 

"This... This is she." I answered, keeping my voice quiet. 

"State your number." 

"504081." 

"You're time at the camp has expired. You have not reported any information on Mr. Campbell... You have failed in this mission and this failure will be reported to your father. We will send a vehicle tomorrow morning-"

"N-No. Um... I'd like to stay longer." 

"Ma'am. You have failed, we will be sending a better detective because obviously you are not fit for this investigation. Pack your things tonight, we will be there in approximately 3 hours to take you to meet your father back at the main base..." 

"I'm not-"

"Look, (Y/N), your father is not happy. And I'm not about to lose my job because you won't let go of this investigation."

"...Tell my father I quit..." 

(Word count 1003)

(written on Fri, Aug 24th) 

Ohhhh boiiii :)))

How would your REAL father react to this?