2

A man stepped out of the cabin, dressed with a yellow scarf, a green long sleeve shirt with rolled up sleeves, a brown vest, and a pair of shorts and shoes. My eyes trailed him, from his puffed up brown bangs to his brown boots. I just couldn't stop... Staring. 

"David, do you mind introducing Samuel to the rest of the camp?" Gwen asked. 

T-That's David?!

"Absolutely! You'll love Camp Campbell!" David smiled a bright pearly one that caused my insides to twist. "C'mon, Samuel! I'll tour you around!" David grinned. I followed close behind him, slightly keeping distance between us. 

"Hey, who's the creepy guy with the black hoodie?" A girl with green hair asked. A small boy with curled brown hair replied, 

"I don't know, but they're with David so I think it's okay." The boy answered. 

"Niel, anything with or around David isn't okay," Max said, rolling his eyes. The boy that I now think is named Niel, gave him a small glare,

"Guy- oo! Strange lookin' mushroom!" 

"Nikki!" Both of the boys shouted in unison. 

"So, um. What brought you to Camp Campbell?" David asked, keeping his bright smile as he walked along my pace.

"I heard about the Camp, and it seemed really interesting." I smiled. 

"May I ask why you're wearing a hoodie?" David asked. 

"Oh! Right!" I laughed nervously, blood rushing to my cheeks at the idea of being embarrassed. I pulled the hood down, keeping my eyes locked on David's with a smile. His smile grew wider, his eyes trailing my features,

"You seem like a well-suited counselor! I'm sure the kids will enjoy your presence as well!" David smiled. He then turned, cupping his hands over his mouth for an announcement, 

"All kids to the fire pit by sundown for smores and stories!" He yelled. A few mumbles went along the kids.

I walked around the camp, saying hi to some of the campers that I'd be seeing every morning for the next few months. 

"Hi, I'm a space kid." Said a kid with what seemed like a goldfish bowl on his head. Can he breathe in that? 

"Uh, hi space kid." I smiled. "My name is (Y/N)- Samuel! My name is Samuel!" I smiled. The kid handed me a flower, a weed, but we'll call it a flower. 

"You're pretty." He smiled. I chuckled, slightly taken back by his words even if he's just a child. 

"Why, thank you!" I grinned, carefully fiddling with the flower that the boy handed me. 

"Samuel! C'mon! I'll show you your cabin!" David smiled. I followed behind him to a large cabin with two beds on either side, along with two desk, two chairs, and a TV on a small things stand. 

"Do I share a cabin with someone?" I asked. 

"You share with Gwen!" 

"And Gwen is...?" 

"The amazing girl you met once you left the bus! Oh, and the bus driver is our quartermaster! He cooks our food and helps control the camp!" 

"You're... Very... Enthusiastic..." I chuckled. 

"Well, I have no reason to be sad! Especially at such a fun place like Camp Campbell!" David grinned. 

"Everything here is a reason to be sad," Max grumbled. I turned toward the black haired boy,

"How did you get in here-?" 

"Max! I've had it up to here with your behavior!" David placed his hand above his belt, a slight glare at him. Max rolled his eyes, turning toward me. 

"You should escape while you can." Max scoffed. 

"Well, that concludes the tour! Now you two be nice while I finish your employment papers!" David smiled, leaving the room. I looked down at Max, dropping my smile slightly. 

"What's that in your hoodie pocket?" Max asked. 

"Don't worry about it." I snapped, turning toward my bed with an outfit on it. Max scoffed again. "Get out of my cabin." 

"And what if I don't?" He asked. I turned to him, giving him a glare. "Fine, fine. I'm leaving." Max grumbled, leaving the room. 

I pulled off the hoodie, replacing my outfit with a counselor one.

The clothing was okay, a green sweater with a dark green tree on the front and a pair of brown shorts. A bandana was with it as a well, a purple one. I wrapped it around my waist, not wanting to copy David's around the neck style even if it's a T-shirt, not a bandana. 

My eyes trailed my side of the room, a corkboard that said 'memories', a log on the bed, a guitar repair kit and the name 'David' crossed out of the bed frame. A knock then came from the door, 

"Uh, come in!" I yelled. David poked his head through the frame, 

"Hello~?" He smiled. "Are getting settled, co-counselor?" He asked. I rubbed my finger over the carved name of David. 

"You didn't have to give my your bed, I can sleep in a tent," I commented, picking up a mug off the side table, 

'#1 counselor' 

"Oh! It's no big deal~! I can sleep in the mess hall!" He smiled. 

"No, no. I'd be happier if you kept your bed. You've already designed it to your liking." I smiled, looking at the corkboard with 'memories' 

He gave a small smitten smile, looking at the memories as well. 

"Okay! I'll take my bed back, but you're sharing a bed with Gwen because I want to be sure that you're in the utmost comfort!" David grinned. I chuckled slightly, looking away. 

"Well, maybe I want you to be in utmost comfort as well!" I grinned back. 

"Are you guys done fucking flirting? 'cause I wanna get to the campfire for smores." Max glared, Niel, standing beside him. 

"Where are your manners-?" 

"Hey. Language~." I glared. David smiled at my response before gently grabbing Niels shoulder. 

"No! I thought you were at least going to be a cool counselor! Take this counselor back to where you found her!" Max shouted. 

"Max~ she's new, so at least give her respect." David glared. 

"Can we just go to the campfire?" Niel asked. I nodded, stepping out of the cabin. 

"Well, let's go!" I smiled. Max gave an eye roll, Niel started walking, and David... 

I could feel his eyes on me the whole walk there.

(Outfit is practically David's shirt, David's shoes, a purple bandana around your waist and Gwen's shorts)