24

With that, Max left. My face burned, maybe because of what Max said or because my face was being devoured by a pillow. 

"Um. Is that... True?" David asked. My shoulders tensed, 

"No," I answered. David paused, 

"...Oh." he simply answered. 

The room was then... Pretty awkward. 

"So um." He cleared his throat, "Are you okay? You were pretty shaken up after that nap in the car." I then felt a hand on my back, turning my head to see David sitting on the bed. I propped myself up to my elbows,

"Yes, Darling. I'm okay." I replied. David grinned, 

"Nicknames?!" He squealed. I bit the inside of my cheek,

"I... Felt as though it was appropriate."

"Can I call you (Y-)-(Y-)?" He asked. I laughed slightly, 

(The beginning of your name repeated. Example, My name is Samora. So he would say 'Sam-Sam' Sorry if you have a much different name and the nickname won't turn out the best 😅 also I'll put '(Y/NN)' *your nickname*)

"S-Sure?" I chuckled. His grin got wider, 

"Yes!" He cheered. I chuckled again, muffling the sound into the pillow. He gently started to rub my back, "in all seriousness, what was your dream? Are you sure you're okay?" He asked. 

"Y-Yeah," I answered. I then sat up, moving myself to face him. I then gently grabbed his arm, "I'm okay." I smiled before pulling him to me and gently pressing my lips on his. 

The kiss was no longer than 3 seconds before we heard Gwen,

"Night, David! Night, Samuel!" 

"Night!" We both responded in unison. 

"It's dark out already?" I asked. 

"We left the hotel pretty late." He answered. I nodded before laying down, rubbing my cheek into the pillow. David then sighed, "Tomorrow's gonna be a good day." He smiled before kicking off his shoe and then joining me under the covers. He then spooned my figure, pressing his chin on the top of my head. I smiled at the feeling of his safe grasp before eventually drifting to sleep. 

//

"Good morning~, David!" Gwen shouted, slamming the door open. David instantly stood, giving his solute. How the fuck did he get out of my arms so easily? I sat up, glaring at Gwen with tired eyes. 

Day 20

36 days to go

"Good morning, Gwen-! Wait... This feels backward." 

"Yep! But today's the day!" Gwen smiled, walking closer to the bed with a newspaper in her hand. David gasped, his eyes lighting up, 

"You realized your love of camp Campbell and everything it stands for?!" 

"Hell no!" She yelled, slamming the new paper into David. This time I gasped, looking over the edge of the bed to make sure he was okay. David laid, reading what was displayed in front of him. 

"Help... wanted?" He questioned. 

"That's right! Found a stash of cash Campbell hid in the quartermaster store behind a... Box of grenades." She explained. 

Grenades?

David sighed, standing back up as his eyes still view the flyer. "I don't know, Gwen. Are you sure we really need more help?" He asked, turning to me. I grabbed the newspaper from him, inspecting the ad.