18

"Sure," I answered. He smiled, reaching for my hand but I moved it away, attempting to make it seem accidental as we walked toward the dock. 

On the edge stood Nerris and Harrison, I smiled softly, 

"Ship it." I chuckled. Harrison then pushed Nerris into the water, causing me to gasp slightly. 

"Harrison!" David yelled. 

"Oh, Nerris, you clumsy fool! Never fear. I shall save you out of the kindness of my gold heart." Harrison then lets out a line from his fishing pole, only to be pulled into the water. 

"Can they swim?!" I asked. David didn't hesitate to jump in the water, coming out with two coughing campers. They both laid on the bank, attempting to breathe evenly.

"Thanks... David." Harrison breathed out, choking slightly. I stayed beside the two until they were on their feet again, soon leaving the area to their tents. 

David placed his hand on my lower back, causing a chill to go down my spine.

"Uh, let's go eat some lunch?" He asked. I wanted to say no but ended up nodding to his offer. 

We both sat at the mess hall, a sandwich on both our plates. Dolph then stood on the table, taking the sandwich from David's grasps. He sat there confused as he rose a brow at the German kid. 

"David, please. Allow me to assist you with the consumption of your sandwich." He then chewed it all in seconds, before spitting it back out onto the plate. David leaned back from the disgusting mush, a concerned look on his features. 

"There we are! All chewed up for you!", Dolph smiled. I gently scooted my plate away from the short camper.

"Um... Here comes the airplane!" Dolph smiled, grabbing David's cheek with a spoon of the already chewed food. I quickly stood,

"I don't think David's very hungry right now, Dolph..." I chuckled, moving David away. He quickly got up and left the cabin, I soon followed behind. 

"Resistance is futile, Turkey-man!" Dolph yelled. David looked forward, his eyes widening. 

"What in the-?" 

Preston stood with a broom, a smirk on his lips. 

"Hey, David! Like what I've done with the place?" He asked. 

"Wh-What did you do to the camp!?" David asked. 

"And how is this humanly possible?" I asked. 

"I cleaned it!" Preston smiled. David covered his mouth with his hands, disbelief written on his face. "The floors were covered in dirt!" 

"That's because it's the forest!" David yelled. 

"I know! I really did some good today. So for my prize, I was thinking of a Broadway deal." 

"Preston put it all back now! Please!" David begged. 

"But-!"

"I'm on it!" Yelled Ered as a dump truck backed up to Preston. I and David stepped back, watching as the dirt fell on Preston and Ered skated down the mound. 

"Uh, I'll take my hover boots now.", Ered said, putting her hand out.  David covered his face, a scream ready to escape. 

"David, witness me." Niel declared, pulling up the mascot, "witness my love for nature." He then attempted to kiss the animal, only to be bit. "Ow! You whore! Let me love you! Goddammit!" Niel yelled. I latched onto David's arm, not feeling comfortable with the scene in front of me.