Ch. 1 : The Snowy Path

The cadet training brought you deep into a forested mountain. The tip of the redwood shook as you rode by, the sound of the swaying trees beats unevenly,with the trotting of the horse feet against the rocky ground. All the cadets cautiously scans the surrounding with their skillful eyes,for signs of any movements in the woods. As Sasha sits straight, with her ears perked like a deer listening for any other sound not from Mother Nature. Sometimes,just a little snap from a twinge on the ground, startled some cadets. Occasionally, Levi looks back to make sure everyone is on track. However, his eyes would linger on you just a little longer. Which you assure him that you're doing just fine, with a smile.
The team was told, that there would be loudging, hot food and drinks prepared for us when we arrive to our second site of training. Just then, a tiny snowflake whisked by your cheek. You looked up just in time to see more falling. Soon the area became a winter wonderland. Horses stomped the snow down that came up to their knees. They flared their nostrils to shake off the cold air.
It was a long ride, and certainly everyone's butt froze from riding their horses for too long, their cheeks red and icy to the touch. You couldn't wait to get to your destination, fill up your stomach with some delicious food, a hot bath, a warm bed.
Erwin held his hand up with a signal for the group to huddle a bit closer. The wind was now beating down hard like frozen wisps hitting your face. There in the distance, you could start to make out a dim glowing light. Just as quick as a smile came to your face, it was wiped off by the sound of an avalanche to the right. As all your surprised faces looked toward large sheets and bits of ice rumbling down the side of the mountain with wide eyes.
' Full speed!' Erwin shouted as loud as he could over the sound of crumpling snow and ice. Everyone rushed to get their horses running. But some were so spooked by the avalanche, that their horses start to neigh and stood up on their hine legs.
Some had thrown their riders off their backs, leaving them stranded, some cadets quickly take a ride on another's horse's back.

As you try to maneuver your horse in the right direction. A firm arm quickly grabbed you around your waist, and hoisted you off your horse and puts you in front of them. As expected if was none other than Levi, who had set you down in front of him, but with you facing toward him, so the harsh wind wouldn't beat up your face. Levi quickly jostle his horse through the icy wind, and as you took a glance behind him.

You met Krista's big blue eyes. The eye contact only lasted for a mere second, as you see her loose her footing, and slipping off the edge of the road. Before the snow came down, Ymir jumped off her horse and lunged after Krista, catching her in mid-air as the both of them tumbled off into the snowy landscape below. 'Krista!' you manage to mutter in shock, but Levi's arms gripped tightly around your waist, as he made sure you wouldn't make any sudden moves.
That was the last of what you saw of them, before the blizzard cuts the road off. The group without any hesitation, moved on. There were no time to linger on the past, no time to grieve, no time to cry, no time to die.

~More will come ^_^ stay safe guys!